What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ten metre rule

T-Boon

Coach
Plenty of you know RL football as it is now better than I do. I can't work out why our defense sux for example, but anyway, I think the root of all evil in the game as far as "all the juice being squeezed out of it" is the 10m rule.
We should look at going back to 5m but it would be a massively radical move. I think we need an experimental league in the off season. 11 aside and 5 metres.

Eelogical

Referee
Plenty of you know RL football as it is now better than I do. I can't work out why our defense sux for example, but anyway, I think the root of all evil in the game as far as "all the juice being squeezed out of it" is the 10m rule.
We should look at going back to 5m but it would be a massively radical move. I think we need an experimental league in the off season. 11 aside and 5 metres.
As much as I love NRL there's got to be something wrong with a game that consistently needs to change and tweak the rules every year to satisfy a perceived audience. I keep hearing it's a simple game, but that's no longer the case.

Latest posts