What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

Dragon2010

First Grade
Probably just chocked him unconscious in that case.

Agree, the group need to get together soon. I honestly thought it would've ended with at least two of the segregated groups meeting-up. They need to pick the pace a bit. Hopefully, some groups meet-up next week.

Springs

First Grade
I really wanted to see them fight The Hunters this season, as I found that to be the best part of the comic. But it looks like they are all already on the way to Washington. I guess if they meet up by next episode then maybe it can still happen.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I really wanted to see them fight The Hunters this season, as I found that to be the best part of the comic. But it looks like they are all already on the way to Washington. I guess if they meet up by next episode then maybe it can still happen.

What's to say this "Terminus" isn't the doing of the hunters, or maybe they will attack there? From memory, such thing was never in the comic so it's highly possible it could be a quick visit and move on - maybe it's over-run, maybe it's hunters doing etc.

They made a ballsy move to say "Eugene know's what caused this mess".

T.S Quint

Coach
I enjoy this show.
Some of you guys get worked up over some trivial shit though.
Although I do get annoyed at the times when it seems a zombie can do everything except actually bite a person he's holding on to.

Rick's not that bad.

You're all totally right about Carl though. That kid's a douche.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I watch the show most weeks and can look past a lot of the stupid stuff. However, I wanted to stab someone when Eugene's response was 'classified'. Seriously, you've seen about 30 humans in the last 2 years and you don't arc up when someone says they can fix it and won't tell you. That one person who holds this huge mankind saving secret, and he won't pass the knowledge on just incase he bites the dust or Washington is over run.

Also, they are zombies. They don't need a fancy made up name. Just call em zombies.

whall15

Coach
I just saw the following synopis for the following episode. Text is in white so it doesn't spoil it for anyone and we apparently don't have spoiler tags.

"Still" starts off with Daryl and Beth climbing into the trunk of a car.

In the next scene we see Daryl picking up the snake. Beth tells Daryl that she wants a drink. That's something that Hershel never let her do. They head out on a light mission for "drinks".

They make their way through the country club ground picking up drinking supplies. They come across walkers hanging from the ceiling and the "rich bitch" walker. Daryl practice his gold swing on a walker.

They don't seen to like the alcohol selection at the club. Daryl takes Beth to a cabin he and Michonne found while on a run. They find moonshine. Beth wants to play a drinking game of "I Never". Daryl doesn't seem interested but eventually she convinces him to play.

During the game we learn that Daryl and been to jail but Beth hasn't. The drinking game leads to a fight with Beth thinking that Daryl doesn't care about the people lost from the prison. She says that she's just another dead girl.

Daryl tells her he could have killed Governor and saved Hershel. They come to a moment of understanding and eventually hug it out. Later, Daryl tells Beth that before all the walkers, he didn't do anything except followed Merle and what Merle said.

Beth wishes and regrets her dad not being able to grow old and have grandchildren. She then tells Daryl that he's going to be the last man. The last one standing when she is dead and gone. That he was built to survive in this world.

The final scene is Daryl and Beth burning down the cabin and flipping it off before heading into the woods.

That's got to be a wind up surely?

T.S Quint

Coach
I watch the show most weeks and can look past a lot of the stupid stuff. However, I wanted to stab someone when Eugene's response was 'classified'. Seriously, you've seen about 30 humans in the last 2 years and you don't arc up when someone says they can fix it and won't tell you. That one person who holds this huge mankind saving secret, and he won't pass the knowledge on just incase he bites the dust or Washington is over run.

Also, they are zombies. They don't need a fancy made up name. Just call em zombies.

I thought he was totally gonna die when he was struggling with that gun and the others were too busy having a fight.

I did think it was moronic of him not to run over to his mates to get their attention instead of trying to shoot them when it's obvious he doesn't know how to use a gun.

Springs

First Grade
Filler episode. They need to go back to 13 a season if they can't keep the story moving.
They should have all been back together by last episode. It's been 4 episodes and no one has gone anywhere, despite clear goals in Terminus and Washington, except for Glenn's group who then turned back .
I want to see them re-unite, go back and get Morgan, be on their way to Washington and get attacked by the Hunters. It could have been a very clear 8-episode story but half of it's gone and they haven't even got back together yet.

Springs

First Grade
Same thing happened in the 2nd half of season 3. Just had 3 or 4 filler episodes that didn't advance the story and the plot ended up meandering towards a unsatisfying finale when it could have been so much more.
I get the feeling AMC want to stretch this out for another 5 years and they're afraid of catching the comic. They should be working towards a planned finale. It's very rare shows continue to be quality for more than 5 or 6 seasons. Breaking Bad and Justified realised this despite still going strong in their 5th seasons.

Swarzey

Bench
Eh, I quite enjoyed it. First time I ever gave two f**ks about Daryl or Beth. Bit of a fan when shows slow down and focus on characters, much like "Clear". Wasn't written as well, but if I can, for just a split second, care about Daryl, then it has done its job. I hate however that we're in the same position as last year; drawing closer to the end of the season with such little idea where it's going.

The Hunters arc is something I feel will start in the finale, a massive cliffhanger that really didn't have to be. It's a shame Mazzara f**ked the show up because this season could have been entirely dedicated to the time between the end of the prison arc to the start of Washington (I'll keep from spoiling it for those who haven't read the comics). I just hope once they get there they don't stray too far from the comics, which is hard but given how well the arc was written, it would be an incredible shame to see it suffer the same fate as The Governor/Woodbury/Prison in the TV show.

urban eel

Juniors
Wasn't a bad episode, boring yes. But they're just trying to build some depth to the characters. Something that woud have been better served in season two instead of wasting so much time looking for carol's daughter.

HowHigh

Coach
I didn't really like the episode, if next week is only going to be about Maggie and the other 2 they could have just split the time between both groups.

timka4

Bench
Boring episode, but kinda built a bit of depth to the beth and darryl characters like a few said. Thought things were gonna get kinky with never have i ever drinkin game

Parra Pride

Coach
Boring episode, but kinda built a bit of depth to the beth and darryl characters like a few said. Thought things were gonna get kinky with never have i ever drinkin game

That's exactly what I thought was going to come out of that game as well. :lol: