What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

Bazal

Post Whore
Luke Covell, for missing a sitter that would have taken them into golden point....what a nuffy.

juanfarkall

Coach
The Sharks for transforming a slow winger with poor skills from a reserve grader at the Tigers to being a reserve grader stuck in an NRL team at Cronulla.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tony Archer.

Missing an obvious offside call that would've levelled the game had he awarded the penalty.

The video referee that disallowed both Frank Pritchard and Holdsworths tries as dobule movements. Neither player had stopped moving and both had fair tries.

There were 2 other calls leading to tries i won't bother with... as a slight forward pass to Utai is easily missed and the knock-on in the first try i *guess* could somehow be given as benefit of the doubt. Although it was less of a try then both that were disallowed for double movement.

The reason i can't really have an issue with them is also the brilliant work El Magic done in converting those tries. Seeing him kick those impossible kicks was worth the loss. He is just amazing. Honestly... the best kicker ever. No 2 ways about it. 5/5 in those conditions. No other kicker in the world would've managed that.

Who wins the award for the year, for mine its a tie between Simmons (dislocating his shoulder scoring a try) and Burt (Running into the goal post)

The Preacher

First Grade
Whoever at The Chooks decided that Brett Finch should receive the "Supporters Award" on their presentation night. He didn't have any supporters ? :lol: :lol:

JJ

Immortal
indeed, and/or the video ref in the Dragons - Brisbane game (Ward too?)

Craig Smith for his abysmal attempt at catching a line dropout, then even worse for not even attempting to regather, resulting in a penalty to the Broncos.

Shame, especially as it was his last game in the NRL.