What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Who

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
anyone going to see the who when they tour later this month? i was on the fence as to whether to go until i saw some you tube footage of their shows. i was like :shock: and i bought a ticket later that day. even their recent videos are amazing, even thought they're like 60. cant wait

hrundi99

First Grade
I saw them the last time they toured and they were really good. Baba O'Riley and WGFA were suitably brilliant in that environment.

Martli

Coach
Saw them in Auckland on saturday, f**king good show. They're f**king pro, the entire set was really tight. Played all the classics. Awesome night.

IanG

Coach
I definatly would've loved to have seen them as well. Though to those who did see them. Did they do their customary smashing up of the equipment at the end?
The Who - My Generation

Last edited:
I saw Daltrey at the Ulimate Rock Symphony a couple of years ago and he hasn't changed much over the years. The voice is as strong as ever.

fish eel

Immortal
I definatly would've loved to have seen them as well. Though to those who did see them. Did they do their customary smashing up of the equipment at the end?
The Who - My Generation

I couldnt imgaine anything more stuipid to watch than a couple of 50 something multi millionaires and their backing band smash up their instruments and pretending to be angry young men railing against the establishment.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
This is one of the bands I will always regret not having a chance to see. If entwistle was still there i would've gone but the deviate had to go and pass on. One of the best bass players ever, and really held the group together.

I couldnt imgaine anything more stuipid to watch than a couple of 50 something multi millionaires and their backing band smash up their instruments and pretending to be angry young men railing against the establishment.

I agree. Does any one know whose playing in that backing band?

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I agree. Does any one know whose playing in that backing band?
To answer my own question..
The Who is:

Roger Daltrey
Pete Townshend
Pino Palladino
Zac Starkey
John Bundrick

Pretty cool backing band.

Pino Palladino is one of the worlds greatest sidemen around . Played bass on John Mayer's 2nd and third albums and is also part of the John Mayer Trio. His solo stuff is outstanding but he knows how to play in the dynamics of a group brilliantly.

Zac Starkey is Ringo Starr's son. Played with oasis for a while.

Azkatro

First Grade
Zac has been playing with them for years now and was taught by Moon himself as a kid, so he's got the style that suits them. Daltrey was never in Deep Purple.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
they were fantastic. didnt know much of the stuff from the newer albums, but they played all their classics, and busted out a few tommy numbers too.

Latest posts