What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Bands In History

mongoose

Coach
The Who? any band with Keith Moon is far from the worst

try:
Imagine Dragons
Panic at the Disco
Maroon 5
Linkin Park

If you could even call them bands...

The Who? any band with Keith Moon is far from the worst

try:
Imagine Dragons
Panic at the Disco
Maroon 5
Linkin Park

If you could even call them bands...
Your list is pretty good.

But when people speak of The Who as a highly influential band, I think whoa!

Keith Moon, Stuart Entwistle, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend. What a bunch of numpties.

Aqua had more talent.

Chippy73

Bench
Good thread

1. Aerosmith - just f**king shit, have been shit for decades, BTW Steve Tyler legit looks like an old gypsy woman
2. Nickleback - I actually do hate them, not just cos they're cool to hate but Chad whatever his name is a legitimate rolled gold sexist f**kwit, and the music is warmed up vomit.
3. Five Finger Death Punch - uggghhh, just f**king crap, music for absolute meatheads
4. Megadeth - I like Metal a lot but I f**king hate Megadeth, I think Mustaine is a god bothering f**kwit.
5. Trapt - oh man this band are nu-metal shit. Singer loves Trump, got kicked off Twitter for Covid misinfo, now he hangs out with the other fascist terrorists on Gab.

FWIW - At the moment I'm loving (in no particular order)
1. Sleep (the band), The Sciences (2018 Comeback album) is f**king epic man, heavier then a 1000 neuron stars, pure Sabbath (first 5 albums) worship.
2. High on Fire (Matt Pike ex-Sleep's band) - sludge metal with strong Motorhead, Slayer and Celtic Frost influences
3. Finnish Death Metal like Slugathor, Abhorrance, Krypts, Finnish Death is dark and unique, I like to think of it as Lovecraftian Metal (that's not a genre, I made it up)
4. Bolt Thrower - to be honest I have loved these guys since teenagehood ...music to wargame and deadlift to.
5. Dopethrone - Canadian Sludge Doom, amazing heavy heavy riffage, black metalish vocals with crushing hook filled sludgy guitar work...fire up the bong (that applies to Sleep to lol).

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Good thread

1. Aerosmith - just f**king shit, have been shit for decades, BTW Steve Tyler legit looks like an old gypsy woman
2. Nickleback - I actually do hate them, not just cos they're cool to hate but Chad whatever his name is a legitimate rolled gold sexist f**kwit, and the music is warmed up vomit.
3. Five Finger Death Punch - uggghhh, just f**king crap, music for absolute meatheads
4. Megadeth - I like Metal a lot but I f**king hate Megadeth, I think Mustaine is a god bothering f**kwit.
5. Trapt - oh man this band are nu-metal shit. Singer loves Trump, got kicked off Twitter for Covid misinfo, now he hangs out with the other fascist terrorists on Gab.

1. Sleep (the band), The Sciences (2018 Comeback album) is f**king epic man, heavier then a 1000 neuron stars, pure Sabbath (first 5 albums) worship.
2. High on Fire (Matt Pike ex-Sleep's band) - sludge metal with strong Motorhead, Slayer and Celtic Frost influences
3. Finnish Death Metal like Slugathor, Abhorrance, Krypts, Finnish Death is dark and unique, I like to think of it as Lovecraftian Metal (that's not a genre, I made it up)
4. Bolt Thrower - to be honest I have loved these guys since teenagehood ...music to wargame and deadlift to.
5. Dopethrone - Canadian Sludge Doom, amazing heavy heavy riffage, black metalish vocals with crushing hook filled sludgy guitar work...fire up the bong (that applies to Sleep to lol).

Yehhhhhh…. Headstrong is a legit banger though

Yep anything with Ella Hooper in it is BAD.
I saw Killing Heidi at the 2004 Sydney BDO. They weren't that bad. Played in a warehouse in 40 degree heat when some clown let go with the firehouse to cool everyone down. Security stepped in and removed the hose but some head honcho told them to replace it due to safety reasons.

Waterworks back on!

Chippy73

Bench
Put Limp Biskit on the list. U2 and Limp Biskit thought they were going to change the course of world music.

What a pair of jokes.
Not ever gonna buy a LB album but I do like "Break Stuff" what can I say?

plus Fred Durst doesn't take himself too seriously, I respect that.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Good thread

Musical fashions change but Boltthrower Rules Eternal (war)

Any of the one-hit wonder bands that emerged around the late 90s, early 00s, namely:

Eagle Eye Cherry
Harvey Danger
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Taj Bachman
The New Radicals
Tonic

I personally hold them responsible for the decline of rock music. The 90s for the most part was excellent, but the decline started with these bands imo.

I can't listen to MMM anymore because those flogs are stuck in a time warp and still play their dreadful commercial rock songs and think Mick Molloy is still funny (note: he never was). Even good bands like Garbage, all you ever hear is Cherry Lips. Rebel FM is much more to my taste, even with the guns and freedumb ads. Broader range.

Breaking Benjamin did halt the rock slide a bit later on, but they couldn't do it all on their own and that's why everything is now hipster garbage and autotuned pop. Or maybe I just got old and don't know of any good new emerging rock bands anymore.