What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Bands In History

gUt

Coach
Presumably by worst we mean, most overrated or least deserving of their success?

In that case I'd like to nominate the rolling stones. Due allowance for their longevity and their live shows are apparently great. And I do love Keith Richards. But even with their ridiculous hippie/flower-power period overlooked how is it they are considered in the same bracket as the likes of the Beatles and Led Zep as creative giants of the genre? Like, their best songs are genuinely great but for every one of those there are approximately 20 utterly forgettable album tracks. Can't say that about LZ and the beatles.

Also nominating Oasis.

mongoose

Coach
Presumably by worst we mean, most overrated or least deserving of their success?

In that case I'd like to nominate the rolling stones. Due allowance for their longevity and their live shows are apparently great. And I do love Keith Richards. But even with their ridiculous hippie/flower-power period overlooked how is it they are considered in the same bracket as the likes of the Beatles and Led Zep as creative giants of the genre? Like, their best songs are genuinely great but for every one of those there are approximately 20 utterly forgettable album tracks. Can't say that about LZ and the beatles.

Also nominating Oasis.

Foo Fighters get way too much hype

The Black Keys - another band that are just ok

Radiohead of course

those smug wankers Powderfinger

Apey

Staff member
That band I don't like.

+1 for Rolling Stones as overrated.

Personal overrated/irrational dislike for: Muse. Always struck me as a wannabe band of the bands before them.

Chippy73

Bench
Why do death metal bands sound all the same?
Because your ears are uneducated to it at this stage...if you have an interest and persist, the depth, variation and nuance within the genre will start to make sense.

If you hate all extreme music and always have, then yeh don't bother, it's not for you.

Chippy73

Bench
Foo Fighters get way too much hype

The Black Keys - another band that are just ok

Radiohead of course

those smug wankers Powderfinger
Sort of agree with you except for Radiohead....who I love....the Beatles of the 21st Century IMO.

Strange cos apart from Radiohead I only really listen to different genres of heavy music, mostly metal.... though Radiohead can make a good angry song too when they feel like it.

Because your ears are uneducated to it at this stage...if you have an interest and persist, the depth, variation and nuance within the genre will start to make sense.

If you hate all extreme music and always have, then yeh don't bother, it's not for you.
Uneducated ears? Umm....

Some of my favourite bands include Sepultura, Pantera, Soulfly, Ministry and NIN. No soft shit there. But then again I also like the Andrew Sisters.

Just not keen on music where the "vocalist" sounds like he's got throat full of broken glass and the drummer just sounds like he's trying to set the land speed record with a beat that never changes.

Chippy73

Bench
Uneducated ears? Umm....

Some of my favourite bands include Sepultura, Pantera, Soulfly, Ministry and NIN. No soft shit there. But then again I also like the Andrew Sisters.

Just not keen on music where the "vocalist" sounds like he's got throat full of broken glass and the drummer just sounds like he's trying to set the land speed record with a beat that never changes.
If you like Sepultura, particularly the Morbid Visions to Arise era, there would be heaps of DM you would like.

I also forgot to mention atmosphere for a reason Death Metal appeals.... the dark other worldly imagery, I've always been fascinated by the paranormal, horror movies and books, not slasher shit...I mean like "The VVitch" (2015 movie) type darkness.

I guess what I'm trying to explain is exemplified in these classics of Death Metal;

and

and

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
That band I don't like.

+1 for Rolling Stones as overrated.

Personal overrated/irrational dislike for: Muse. Always struck me as a wannabe band of the bands before them.
Actually I prefer the Rolling Stones over the Beatles, I reckon then Beatles are so overrated.

mongoose

Coach
Sort of agree with you except for Radiohead....who I love....the Beatles of the 21st Century IMO.

Strange cos apart from Radiohead I only really listen to different genres of heavy music, mostly metal.... though Radiohead can make a good angry song too when they feel like it.
Ok Computer was a good album but I think critics and the internets go a bit overboard with their praise.

Latest posts