What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There WILL be a sequel

maccattack

Juniors
All this speculation about the sequel is pointless.

There will defo be a new game sometime soon.

Besides the fact that the game is a guaranteed money maker and a proven one at that. There is one thing that convinces me a new one is on the way.

Why else would Mario visit and post here?
If there werent to be a new game he wouldnt bother. he'd have no need to answer an posts would he.

Oh yes. A new one is on the way, and it wont be a long time coming.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
The NRL game did pass sales expectations of both Sidhe and TruBlue..although mario has said it sold less then 250,000 copies world wide..

Although I agree about why would mario be here...

xwizit

Juniors
it wouldnt sell anywhere else apart from australia england and new zealand and maybe 100- copies in a few other countries

strong_latte

Juniors
xwizit said:
it wouldnt sell anywhere else apart from australia england and new zealand and maybe 100- copies in a few other countries
If they released their sequel in the US aswell it would sell a fair bit due to the fact that most yanks would think it's Rugby Union... ontop of that, the RL2 sequel will most likely be alot better than Rugby 2005.
Apart from that though, 250 000 sales is still alot for a minor developer...

MysteryGirl

First Grade
strong_latte said:
xwizit said:
If they released their sequel in the US aswell it would sell a fair bit due to the fact that most yanks would think it's Rugby Union... ontop of that, the RL2 sequel will most likely be alot better than Rugby 2005.
Apart from that though, 250 000 sales is still alot for a minor developer...

Rugby League or Union. Most "yanks" don't know either sport and most gamer "yanks" don't care and aren't interested.

-JJ-

Juniors
RL2 will be better than Rugby 2005. You can tell that just from the developers.

However, Union is still a bigger game than League, and Rugby 2005 will still sell more, espeically with EA having millions to go around advertising it with.

Monkey

Juniors
If you could get bloody hold of it when expected, it would have sold double what it did in the UK. I can still remember queing outside a shop at christmas for one of the 30 copies they had, and thats in a big town

Ronaldo77

Juniors
Monkey said:
If you could get bloody hold of it when expected, it would have sold double what it did in the UK. I can still remember queing outside a shop at christmas for one of the 30 copies they had, and thats in a big town

Tell me about it, didnt get mine til February after hunting around shops nearly everyday for 2 months.

doovepop

Juniors
Tell me about it, didnt get mine til February after hunting around shops nearly everyday for 2 months.

huh i got it the first day

Mario can you answer my questions in the rugby forums
the rugby league 2 parts

thanks

maccattack

Juniors
-JJ- said:
However, Union is still a bigger game than League, and Rugby 2005 will still sell more, espeically with EA having millions to go around advertising it with.

I dont know about that. I live in Ireland. Union is probably the third largest football code here. both the EA game and the WCR game havent sold well here.

I believe a well made league game could outsell a well made union game because its all about game play isnt it. league is quicker and the ball is in play longer etc etc.

It is easier for the uninitiated to pick up as well.

not sure if i properly made my point here.