What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They have done it again

Friggin morons, just where did most of your 1st grade side come from?
Parramatta District BwAHAHAHAHA

I suppose when at your club Noel Cleal went around your local clubs to find players
BwAHAHAHAHAHA

Every club buys juniors yes even parra
90% of juniors end up at different clubs than they started with

Just because the Eels concentrate on buying name players, doesnt mean you ae any different than us.

Look at your prems side, very very good team but how many of these players will move on because they cant get a run in 1st grade?

Smell the roses people, all clubs pirchase players stiff sh*t

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I have to agree partly with what Rufus has to say. Looking through the squads, particularly Premier League not as many of them as you would think are actually juniors from the Parramatta District.

Hurriflatch

Referee
There are still a few tho

Delaney (Lalor Park)
J.Williams (Hills District)
N.Cayless (Wentworthville)
Robinson (Wentwortville)
Vella (Canley Vale)

Are a few off the top of my head who are Local Juniors, I think that Inu, Hayne and Green are also locals.

thedux

Juniors
There are also guys like Nasio etc in Flegg that are locals. Probably have more than we realise but we also have a lot of guys who came from different districts but have p[layed all their junior rep footy for us, like Burt and McKinnon. The roosters wait till they have developed elsewhere and then throw the bucks at them.

Nikki

Coach
thedux said:
There are also guys like Nasio etc in Flegg that are locals. Probably have more than we realise but we also have a lot of guys who came from different districts but have p[layed all their junior rep footy for us, like Burt and McKinnon. The roosters wait till they have developed elsewhere and then throw the bucks at them.

You know I wanted to make this point but couldnt quite figure out how to word it. At least when we buy players from other districts they are still young and can be taught things. Roosters let other clubs do the work and then start pilfering.

stiffmeister

Bench
Roosters,say no more. They are the joke of the NRL. There is nothing really going for them. They win the Gf in 2002 & prior to thay, 27 years ago in 1975. Prior to 1975, when did they win the GF? 1960 ?, Anyone?

thedux

Juniors
stiff-meister eel said:
Roosters,say no more. They are the joke of the NRL. There is nothing really going for them. They win the Gf in 2002 & prior to thay, 27 years ago in 1975. Prior to 1975, when did they win the GF? 1960 ?, Anyone?

Hurriflatch

Referee
If you look at Eels Local Juniors (ie Cayless) or Developed players (ie Hindmarsh) then

Wade McKinnon
Luke Burt
Ben Smith
Eric Grothe
Tim Smith
Nathan Cayless*
Nathan Hindmarsh
Chad Robinson*
PJ Marsh
Michael Vella*
Jack Afamsaga
Ashley Graham
Eric Grothe
Justin Tsoulos*
Josh Cordoba
Blake Green*
Marcus Perenara
Weller Hauraki
Brendan Oake*
Joel Reddy
John Williams*
Jarryd Hayne*
Kris Inu*
Brett Delaney*
Zeb Taia*

From the top grade sqaud + Reggies Grand Final team all count
*=Local Juniors

You could make arguements for both Fuifui Moimoi and Luke O'Dwyer to be include despite the fact that both came to the Eels as slightly older players.

Leaving only
Timana Tahu
John Morris
Mark Riddell
Glenn Morrison
Dean Widders
Daniel Wagon
Matt Petersen
Chris Muckert
Ian Henderson
Adam Peek
Henry Perenara
Aaron Cannings
Paul Stringer

As brought players and even from that list Peek, Petersen, Wagon and Widders have all improved a lot since being at Parramatta, while Henderson and Muckert will both be gone come 2006

Stagger eel

Staff member
stiff-meister eel said:

post of the centuary!!! :lol:

Mate if i classed everyone a junior like harriflutch has, my fingers would be bleeding typing.

What do we class a junior as, someone that has played all there junior footy within the district or someone that has played all there junior rep footy)sg ball,HMS,etc)?

Latest posts