What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They looked old

DeeJ

Bench
The first 2 are pretty old. Boyd just looks like he cbfed, can’t use the age card yet.

Glad someone else noticed this too. I know he defends in the line but he is never the guy to dive on the ball if it goes on the ground. Takes him time getting up after every tackle, preferring to yell at the ref rather than try to get some momentum for his team.

These things are attitude based, maybe with a helping of age/injury. Prime example was last year during the final he was ready to whinge to the ref before the ball went dead and the opposition scored a try. He did the same this this year too.

I think it's time he went to 5/8th or centre.

Delboy

First Grade
My daughter went with her husband, he's a kiwi, and just rang me and said that it was a great atmosphere . Felt like it was a Warriors home game, said the Rorters don't have many fans by the look of it.
A very happy crowd leaving she said.

davi

Juniors
Greg Alexander has come out and said it that Jonathan Thurston may have played one season too long. Channel Nine commentators on Sunday really dilly dallied around the issue reluctant to criticise Thurston because he has been a regular on the show. Peter Sterling actually said that you shouldn't knock champions but Alexander gets paid by the media and gets paid to be a critic. One commentator said on the panel that Thurston is still carrying a injury and wants to give him more time before making a judgement.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...oys-greg-alexander/1xit2nbf90tbm1pnyxpi5dq24j

Canard

Immortal
Greg Alexander has come out and said it that Jonathan Thurston may have played one season too long. Channel Nine commentators on Sunday really dilly dallied around the issue reluctant to criticise Thurston because he has been a regular on the show. Peter Sterling actually said that you shouldn't knock champions but Alexander gets paid by the media and gets paid to be a critic. One commentator said on the panel that Thurston is still carrying a injury and wants to give him more time before making a judgement.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...oys-greg-alexander/1xit2nbf90tbm1pnyxpi5dq24j

Hardly anything controversial about Brandy's statement.

Judging a player's whole season after a month is premature though.

BattleParrot

Juniors
Anyone still care to argue this? A few of the forum veterans know-it-alls perhaps? The first few responses sound comical now.. haha

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Tough call for Thurston to play on.
He was still playing well pre wrecking his shoulder and wouldn't have thought he was going to drop to the level he has now.

Mind you Thurston 2018 is still better than most halves in the competition.