What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This great club needs a reality check in front office

Sharkforever

Juniors
well spidershark it would seem from your reply that we DO in fact agree on quite a bit .

TRUE: Board are to blame
TRUE: Coach has to take responsilbility
TRUE: Dykes didn't play well
FALSE: Brett Kimmorley is to blame

I'm sure you look forward to more of my posts leading up to season 07 as I look forward to reading your thoughts ....

Good to hear also you put your money into the place ... our crowds were a disgrace pre our worst ever losing streak .

If this board don't take a long hard look at themselves and the damage that's being done then I fear for the long term future of this club . We are way overdue for success and in this day and age , if you ain't winning then you go broke !

We should become a powerhouse with the ok of grants to develop our land and ground etc shortly but we won't no doubt if the dribblers that hold back our club reamin in their suits .

All the best spidershark .. let's hope you and I are posting about how great we're going next year rather than arguing about the negatives .

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sharkforever said:
well spidershark it would seem from your reply that we DO in fact agree on quite a bit .

TRUE: Board are to blame
TRUE: Coach has to take responsilbility
TRUE: Dykes didn't play well
FALSE: Brett Kimmorley is to blame

Well I just went through all the posts & don't see any agreement from SS on those issues.
In fact, it very clear to people aged over 10, have seen more than 2 Sharks games in 4 years, have no preconcveived by bias towards Kimmorley or Anderson, that one of the fundamental problems at the Sharks , is brett Kimmorley.
I maintain the fact that he is the reason we lost 10 straight.
He is the reason the style of play is boring.
he is holding back our players from developing further.
I would Say SS agrees with those sentiments.
Dykes had some outstanding moments in a year where he played the same as every other team member. Average.
One constant keeps everything average. Noddy.
Raper kept Noddy at half back & locked in 10 straight losses.

Sharkforever

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Well I just went through all the posts & don't see any agreement from SS on those issues.
In fact, it very clear to people aged over 10, have seen more than 2 Sharks games in 4 years, have no preconcveived by bias towards Kimmorley or Anderson, that one of the fundamental problems at the Sharks , is brett Kimmorley.
I maintain the fact that he is the reason we lost 10 straight.
He is the reason the style of play is boring.
he is holding back our players from developing further.
I would Say SS agrees with those sentiments.
Dykes had some outstanding moments in a year where he played the same as every other team member. Average.
One constant keeps everything average. Noddy.
Raper kept Noddy at half back & locked in 10 straight losses.
disagree ... I'll leave it at that :D Good thing about this forum is every1 gets to have their say.

P.S . SS agrees with me regarding the big picture ... I did go back and read past posts SS . I see your point . We just agree to disagree on a few particular issues blacktip Reefy . Thanks 4ya post anyway.

spider

Coach
We agree to disagree - this i agree on. Before letting it sleep i suggest one thing to think about, and remember this is only IMO -

BK in the NRl is the equivalent of a Jordan, Pippen, Longley, etc. For what he is paid he should be able to influence and turn a game. This he is not doing for what he is paid. He is not delivering. His style of play needs to change - play deeper, more bodies in motion around him - which derives from aquirring player confidence around him, this is not the case currently. Compare Cronk from The Storm to Bk - why does Cronk have so many bodies in motion increasing attacking options. Watch this Saturday and see what i mean. Bk does not have this confidence.

There are a lot of issues to blame for the Sharks demise and lack of current success this year especially - but too say its all BK fault is wrong, but he has failed this year on the field. I once was a BK fan big time - but fell away after a couple of years poor performance. I just want him to deliver for what he gets paid - that is a shame in itself.

All that is only my opinion Sharksforever - but then again according to you i have nothing informative to offer so i should cut my losses i guess.

In closing - BK should move on, or move aside as he has failed too many times, he could pass his knowledge on as he cant seem to exercise or execute it anymore, but thats only my opinion. :)

He is our chief playmaker, our captain, our highest paid player - 10 weeks remaining and he didnt orchestrate 1 win.