What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Saturday June 4 - Newtown v Erina

Jeffles

Bench
56-8 was the final score.A great win but remember the Pl guys had the bye and a few people dropped down. We are a better side than Erina but not usually 50 points better. More like 30 (if they play their best). still - I don't give a toss!

The crowd was a bit poor. It is easy to say the JBC guys need more support (and I agree that they do). But with the scheduling of the PL and JBC draws not lining up for us, it is difficult to keep calling on fans to show up and fork out money all the time. We are in the middle of 4 match days in as many weekends. As cheap as it is to have a day out at Henson Park, it is still a lot to ask of people's time etc. It's the same with us volunteers! That is why it is so important to us that we get double headers.

But at least with all those curtain raisers the canteen revenue was good AND we got the gate money for the Flegg! Up the JETS!

2 True Blues

Coach
You must admit that even at the double headers the crowd is not great. The majority of fans rolling up just prior to 3pm for the main game. Would just love to see the people give credit where credit is due, and support this side a little more....They are a certainty for the top five at this rate, and deserve a better following.....

Bluebag

Juniors
Yes Jeffles its very har dto get some people out of bed and to the ground to help out while others have done the work. The Oxford must have some great morning promotions.

Jeffles

Bench
2 True Blues said:
You must admit that even at the double headers the crowd is not great. The majority of fans rolling up just prior to 3pm for the main game. Would just love to see the people give credit where credit is due, and support this side a little more....They are a certainty for the top five at this rate, and deserve a better following.....

It isn't that much better in a double header but there is definitely an improvement. Having worked on both gates I notice that the Centennial St fans get there steadily and are more inclined to watch the game. The Woodland St fans hang out at the HPH but there are some from there that get to the game. There is at least some improvement with a double header but I agree that fans are missing something by not watching them.

No matter how hard the JBC side try, it will always be difficult for them to attract fans whilst they are our "Reserve Grade" team and whilst they play clubs that resonate with no-one (Sydney Bulls, Wenty, Asquith, Ourimbah etc).

I used to work at Sydney Kings matches and it was the same thing. The women's team plaed beforehand and they were a brilliant side. They won all the time and had an all star cast. That would be the first game (played in front of about 400 fans) and then the Kings would come on and all of a suddent thousands of people appears to watch them lose miserably. We're not like the crumbles in that both our teams are winning. It's that people only care about the razzle dazzle despite there being a quality product on the proverbial sidelines.