What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Saturday v Penrith

Jeffles

Bench
It will be good to talk about the game for a change this week!

What do you all think? Having the weekend off will be a bit like a bye so hopefully all those little injuries and disturbances have healed. Penrith are a strong side as we already know from this year when they touched us up in that second half at Henson Park earlier this year. On a positive note, the great Vince Mellars has been named in the team. He is one of the genuine nice guys and a lot of Newtown faithful have missed him.

It would be remiss of me to mention a trip to Penrith without referring to the Wes Patten show in 2002 (from memory) when he lead Newtown to a famous victory (in my eyes) over the high flying Panthers. Let's hope the Jets can repeat th performance

Up the Blues!

2 True Blues

Coach
Weekend off may be a good thing for injuries mate I agree. I am concerned about the two games in a week no doubt coming up in the not too distant future to make up for the rained out game, however I realise it cannot be helped.

The break also did nothing to assist the team getting used to the new guy BOND either, which is also not a good thing.

It will on a positive note be good to see the rtn of Vince though.

What about the Nathan MERRITT show mate ?? What a slaughter that game was in 2005. We beat them by about 50 something by memory, and Nathan scored a motza.

Penrith will be hard to beat though.

What time and where is it mate ?? Do they still play at weekender anymore, or are they back at NRL park. Penrith isn't as far away for me now, LOL..........

Jeffles said:
It will be good to talk about the game for a change this week!

What do you all think? Having the weekend off will be a bit like a bye so hopefully all those little injuries and disturbances have healed. Penrith are a strong side as we already know from this year when they touched us up in that second half at Henson Park earlier this year. On a positive note, the great Vince Mellars has been named in the team. He is one of the genuine nice guys and a lot of Newtown faithful have missed him.

It would be remiss of me to mention a trip to Penrith without referring to the Wes Patten show in 2002 (from memory) when he lead Newtown to a famous victory (in my eyes) over the high flying Panthers. Let's hope the Jets can repeat th performance

Up the Blues!

we cant talk about the footy now, there is a revolution to organise within the ranks of the jets fans !

sack the board, bring us back into the nrl, save the whales, hug the trees, elvis is alive at the henson park hotel

Jeffles

Bench
2TB, since they are no longer connected with St Mary's they do not play there anymore. Their games are all at Penrith. This one is on Saturday klicking off at 5:30pm.

I can't make the trip out to the wild west for the game... Don't have my passport in order! Ha ha ha!!!

Think we might struggle though, but will get though in a tight struggle 12 to 8

Cheers

Jeffles

Bench
I usually try and make it out to Penrith because I have a soft spot for them in the NRL. I can't go this Saturday but maybe that's a good thing. I saw two games at St Mary's (not to mention the Sevens) and we got nowhere. I didn't go to the game in 2005 when Merritt racked up a stack of points. Bluebag told me I was a curse.

Hopefully my absence produces the same results that it did in 2005.

2 True Blues

Coach
Penrith Lineup to face the Jets courtesy of the Panthers forum :

1. Liam Georgetown (c), 2. Jade Williams, 3. Maurice Blair, 4. Geoff Daniela, 5. Matthew Forwood, 6. Brett Firman, 7. Craig Trindall, 8. Matthew Bell, 9. Keith Peters, 10. Matthew Cross, 11. Bryan Norrie, 12. John Nuumaalii, 13. Jamie Theoharous, 14. Wayne Bond, 15. Andrew Pearn, 16. Alex Ranieri, 17. Liam Campbell, 18. James Nightingale.

Brett FIRMAN should be interesting to watch. Some good players there. No easy game here guys !!

2 True Blues

Coach
Check out how close both Jets and Penrith actually are on the www.nswrl.com.au webiste.

Penrith have had an extra bye thus the 16 instead of Jets 14 points. But their attack is more than twice as good as ours.

Gonna be a tough game looking at that for sure. Plenty of players on either side that can hold their own in first grade if required.

Bluebag

Juniors
A must win game for us as we are only 2 games from the bottom and holding on to the spot in the 8.

Jeffles

Bench
It's a bit clearer this morning but the forecast is still for lots of rain. Hopefully they deliver as it will keep the scoring to a minimum and neutralise Penrith's attacking potency.

2 True Blues

Coach
Bluebag said:
A must win game for us as we are only 2 games from the bottom and holding on to the spot in the 8.

For sure mate. It's very close this season again isn't it. And we have the Eels the following game prior to the second BYE weekend. Not to mention the fact that we still have to play against the competition leaders to make up for that rained out match the other weekend. Are you going to the game BB ?

2 True Blues

Coach
Just saw on the Jets website that Steve MEREDITH is back this weekend after having been out injured for a long time ( since last season ). Good to see some good news Re player returns instead of them going the other way , for a change. So Steve and Vince are both back this weekend. Top stuff !!!!