What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Saturday v Penrith

newtownbluebags said:
Panthers site has it as fulltime -> 22 - 4 to the Panthers?......................ouch!

Ouch indeed. I spent the whole day moving my brother into his new house in the pouring rain, now this, what a crap day :(

Jeffles said:
It's a bit clearer this morning but the forecast is still for lots of rain. Hopefully they deliver as it will keep the scoring to a minimum and neutralise Penrith's attacking potency.

Seemed to effect our potency more than theirs...

Ball_Licker

Juniors
The past few weeks have been very disappointing, standing on the hill on Saturday night was tough enough yet to see how rudderless the team was was even worse. Since we lost our captain/coach Jamie Soward we have looked very average at best and the finals at this stage is just a hope unless something changes.Explain these tactics over the past few weeks. In two games we replaced a second rower with a winger then moved a winger to centre, a centre to lock and the lock to second row when on the bench we have had forwards not getting a run. PLEASE! When LeStrange returns, hopefully soon we can play George Ndaira at half who looked the most dangerous player along with Foley on Saturday night. How far has Aaron Lai's form dropped and does not deserve to be selected. I love Dale Newtons work though he is not flash but does the hard work.What I have been told is that Col Murphy was not reappointed as the decision was Ricky Stuarts who wanted Coach Young but it appears that Ricky did not rate him enough to taake him to the Sharks but took, Dymock and Flanagan. Last years team was the best by a long way yet fell short, Will the board be reviewing the position after this year.

Jeffles

Bench
2 True Blues said:
Passion in the Jersey perhaps....
More like a change of coach.

As for Newtown, we've copped the brunt of the Roosters releasing spree (Lewis, Soward and Plum). As Roosters contracted players, it is their perogative to do that so we must move on but arguably these were three of our top 5 players so it is a big loss.

crickey and here's me thinking that it was the 13 blokes out on the field that lost the game for us ? no course not it was the boards fault.

Ball_Licker

Juniors
Successful clubs have leadership and we do not, a fish rots from the head remember. The players try hard but we did lose our captain coach in Soward and without hime we will struggle. read my post on great changes in a match and justify that.

The board want to be NRL board members and not Newtown ones. I do not and never doubt their passion but it is time some moved on.
Churchill was a terrific war time leader but failed during peace. Everyone has a used by date but these guys have misread theirs.

Tell me at meetings at the league what have they done about next year in pushing for TV coverage or even this year or last year, they want to play with the big boys but are wimps. Stand up for Newtown not for your own personal self gratification.

Latest posts