What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This weekends Ex-Parra team

berts_moustache

Juniors
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, been following the Eels since i can remember. As a kid a friend of the family's took me to my first live game in 1981 at Cumberland - it started quite a streak, from 81 to 83 at Cumberland, then Belmore, I NEVER saw Parra lose in the flesh. It wasn't until 84 when that bloke moved upcountry for work and my mum took me to her first game that I saw the team lose live....

anyway. I'd be surprised if this hadn't been done before but here is this weekends team made up of players named for the the last NRL round who slipped from our grasp or cast aside or...

1. Inu
2. Wright
3. Lyon
4. Tahu
5. Reddy
6. Maloney
7. Keating
8. Shackleton
9. Kingston
10. Taia
11. Tony Williams
12. Lowrie
13. Mateo

14. Robson
15. Guluvao
16. Morris
17. O'Dwyer

To me the players I regret losing the most are Inu, Williams, Mateo, Wright and Robson because of how he was treated and how well he's been going for the Sharks. I liked Reddy too.

Gronk

Staff member
Not a very good team, current side would beat them.

Yeah I was thinking that. I'm sure it could be improved. There are players like Wolfman & Gallen etc

Maloney ? He's a loss to many clubs. IIRC he played for Norths (Souths feeder), then Wenty, then Storm's feeder before crossing the ditch.

Tooooks

Bench
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, been following the Eels since i can remember. As a kid a friend of the family's took me to my first live game in 1981 at Cumberland - it started quite a streak, from 81 to 83 at Cumberland, then Belmore, I NEVER saw Parra lose in the flesh. It wasn't until 84 when that bloke moved upcountry for work and my mum took me to her first game that I saw the team lose live....

anyway. I'd be surprised if this hadn't been done before but here is this weekends team made up of players named for the the last NRL round who slipped from our grasp or cast aside or...

1. Inu
2. Wright
3. Lyon
4. Tahu
5. Reddy
6. Maloney
7. Keating
8. Shackleton
9. Kingston
10. Taia
11. Tony Williams
12. Lowrie
13. Mateo

14. Robson
15. Guluvao
16. Morris
17. O'Dwyer

To me the players I regret losing the most are Inu, Williams, Mateo, Wright and Robson because of how he was treated and how well he's been going for the Sharks. I liked Reddy too.

In hindsight, there are quite a few players I wished we held on to, but the only players I really regretted losing at the time were Mateo, Williams, and Kingston. I think Robson would've been a good halves partner for Sandow, too.

Gronk

Staff member
In hindsight, there are quite a few players I wished we held on to, but the only players I really regretted losing at the time were Mateo, Williams, and Kingston. I think Robson would've been a good halves partner for Sandow, too.

Not much we could do about those three. Yes we could have matched offers for Mateo and TRex, but gee Mateo's form was crap in his final year. We all know the story about TRex. Manly's offer was huge and outside our budget. Yes I know there are rumours that both players would have stayed for "less", whatever "less" means.

Kinga was unavoidable. Only oldmancraigy and Ian Schubert know the answer to that. Hell even Guru & Hayne offered to take pay cuts to keep him.

Far Canal

Juniors
Welcome to the board but please don't take this the wrong way.

Let's not live in the past - we have gone through this too many times, coulda, shoulda, woulda - I don't f**king care about those players. We should focus on the ones wearing the Parra jersey now.:D

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Yeah I was thinking that. I'm sure it could be improved. There are players like Wolfman & Gallen etc

Maloney ? He's a loss to many clubs. IIRC he played for Norths (Souths feeder), then Wenty, then Storm's feeder before crossing the ditch.

When I opened the thread for the first time I was certain he'd be in the team... What exactly was Gallens career details with Parra?

Eels Dude

Coach
A number of players in that team were cast aside by other clubs too and that's how we ended up with them. It's just the way it goes with recruitment and retention.