What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

this weeks jersey

HOT028

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
I know we're a JV, that's the point. I don't think anyone else here recognises that we're a JV. The Brisbane Lions are a JV, do you see a Bear anywhere on their jerseys???

I dont watch AFL so i will have to get back to you on the bear.

HOT028

Juniors
like i said i will try and have a look myself before i believe you, leave the magpie on the jersey, but we should also have the old tiger on it somewhere aswell.

HOT028

Juniors
wrighty go and have a good look at yourself in the mirror, the tiger we have now represents the new JV the WESTS TIGERS which combined both the western suburbs magpies and the balmain tigers, well the magpie stayed on our jumper and i agree it should but were is the balmain tiger shown??

innsaneink

Referee
jim%20beam%20cup_wentworthville.gif
balmain.gif
balmain.gif
balmain.gif

The magpie should never be removed from our jumper.

I have no problem with the balmian tiger on the other sleeve.

It does seem a bit uneven

balmain.gif
balmain.gif
balmain.gif

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Gobbso said:
Wrighty79 said:
But surely the name Wests is more significant than a Magpie???

See, that's where you and many other supporters are wrong. Like the Tiger, the Magpie stood for so much more and meant so much to the football club and its loyal supporters. Narrow-minded people just think its a stupid bird and nothing else. The Magpie represented Western Suburbs as a whole. It was our 'identity', the same way the Tiger was Balmain's and now the Joint-Venture's identity.

I agree with every thing you say Gobbs however the Tiger that the Wests Tigers use is not the same Tiger as what Balmain use ;-)

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Why don't we get rid of the Wests Tigers logo and have the Balmain one as ours Just with the Wests Tigers name on it. Would make things more fair and it is a much better looking logo... that even the easts tigers and hundreds of junior football clubs have taken up.

b&wdynamite

Juniors
Hi all,

Hi have been reading this page for a couple of days and thought it time to join in.
Being a brissy based magpies fan, I couldn't imagine supporting a team without the magpie on the jersey. When I was a kid I leart to say magpie well before i could say western suburbs. as far as the AFL goes, you are right Wrighty that there is no bear on the lions jersey, however the brisbane lions are not a JV, they are a single entity. Neither the brisbane bears or fitzroy lions exist in any capacity today. They are one club from the ground up. the difference with the afl is that they don't have old logos on the jerseys, they have the initials of the clubs ie, lions BBFFC (Bris Bears Fitzroy Football Club) Swans SMFC (South Melbourne FC) etc. I hope that the NRL never goes down that path, but definately the magpie should stay on the jersey, week in, week out.

j_tig

Juniors
leave the magpie on the wests tigers jersey.
as for the jersey for this round, leave it off - its a look back at the balmain side, by the same token leave anything balmain related off the wests jersey for round 25

steven_tiger

Juniors
they do hoto28... both will have wests tigers logos, nrl loogs and are made by x-blades, however, the balmain jersey has the balmain logo and the sleeve, while the magpies jersey has the maggies logo on it.

we should keep the jerseys as they are. the WESTS TIGERS logo on the chest, with a magpie on the sleeve.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Who de want our children to go for? A team like Wests or Balmain who now don't exist in the top flight, so they now go for the merged entity, because they have no choice... "Balmain don't exist...Wests don't exist... #-o I may as well just go for the Wests Tigers..."

Or do we want them to be cheering for the MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS, a team that is only 5 years old and growing strong? Sure, the past is important, I mean we are the only club with nearly 200 years of "tradition", but what's in the past, is in the past. We can't change the fact that we've merged, any more than we can stop Jason Taylor from leaving Wests, or lowering the northern cross-bar for Bennies Field Goal...

We have to look to the FUTURE! I am not a guy who is opposed to the merger. I love everything about this club (except, until recently, management :evil: ). I love standing on the hill at Leichhardt and listening to old Wests fans chanting Wests, whilst down at Campbelltown the chant of Tigers goes up, around the ground.

I love that shit. I get goosebumps thinking about it. When I say let's remove the Magpie, I don't do it out of malice to old Maggie die-hards, I do it for the future. Balmain already died on me, I don't want internal bickering to bring down the demise of the club I love even more than the Balmain Tigers... The Wests Tigers.

HOT028

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
Who de want our children to go for? A team like Wests or Balmain who now don't exist in the top flight, so they now go for the merged entity, because they have no choice... "Balmain don't exist...Wests don't exist... #-o I may as well just go for the Wests Tigers..."

Or do we want them to be cheering for the MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS, a team that is only 5 years old and growing strong? Sure, the past is important, I mean we are the only club with nearly 200 years of "tradition", but what's in the past, is in the past. We can't change the fact that we've merged, any more than we can stop Jason Taylor from leaving Wests, or lowering the northern cross-bar for Bennies Field Goal...

We have to look to the FUTURE! I am not a guy who is opposed to the merger. I love everything about this club (except, until recently, management :evil: ). I love standing on the hill at Leichhardt and listening to old Wests fans chanting Wests, whilst down at Campbelltown the chant of Tigers goes up, around the ground.

I love that sh*t. I get goosebumps thinking about it. When I say let's remove the Magpie, I don't do it out of malice to old Maggie die-hards, I do it for the future. Balmain already died on me, I don't want internal bickering to bring down the demise of the club I love even more than the Balmain Tigers... The Wests Tigers.

great post but the maggie must stay and the balmain tiger must appear on the jersey,my son will be going for the wests tigers but will be told about our past and how we have now became the wests tigers....

meltiger

First Grade
Wrighty79 said:
Well, they don't.

"BBFFC"

Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club

On the back of the jersey. They remember the history of both clubs on the jersey. Not just one like the Wests Tigers.

Wrighty79

Juniors
meltiger said:
Wrighty79 said:
Well, they don't.

"BBFFC"

Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club

On the back of the jersey. They remember the history of both clubs on the jersey. Not just one like the Wests Tigers.

So where is the original Balmain Tiger, then? Right now we have a hybrid tiger/magpie, the Tigers head with the magpies claws, not the original Balmain Tiger.

Latest posts