What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This week's team

raider_at_heart

Juniors
1. William Zillman
2. Colin Best
3. Phil Graham
4. Adrian Purtell
5. Brett Kelly
6. Todd Carney
7. Michael Dobson
8. Scott Logan
9. Lincoln Withers
10. Dane Tilse
11. Neville Costigan
12. Glen Turner
13. Alan Tongue (c)

14. Ben Jones
15. Michael Weyman
16. Tom Learoyd-lahrs
17. Trevor Thurling

Walt Flanigan

Referee
raider_at_heart said:
Its been a while since we have named a unchanged line up surely?

I should think so. It's good to see, I'm happy with the lineup. No one deserved to be dropped.

sydraider

First Grade
Sharks side

1. Kearney
2. Simmons
3. Pommeroy
4. Anderson
5. Covell
6. Dykes
7. Kimmorley
8. Leuluai
9. Kingston
10. Douglas
11. Gallen
12. Thompson
13. Bird

14. Stapleton
15. Ross
16. Williams
17. De Gois
18. Seymour

Dykes is back, this may be helpful :lol:

thickos

First Grade
There is no way the Raiders side will run out like that. Henry named a side because he had to, I'm sure there are injury clouds over a lot of guys and Thommo comes back into contention soon as well.

dubby

Bench
I dont think Henry will rush Thommo or Bickers in straight away. And it will be interesting to see if Dobbo plays; back injuries can be tricky so I bet they give him a week off and play Dunemann at 7.

All the concussions concern me, dont players get a week off usually for a concussion? Plus Nev could be out again.

thickos

First Grade
Nev out, so the first team change is upon us.

Any idea why Thommo didn't play PL last week if he's almost right to go? And not named in any grade this week?

Chachi

Bench
Worst case scenario is we could have:
Costigan, Dobson, Graham, Learoyd-Lahrs, Frawley, Bickerstaff, Tilse, Thompson, Miller and Chalk all on the sidelines this week.

That's 10 players you could argue would normally be in our top 17. Even if some of these guys are right to play they're either going to be less than 100% or nowhere near match fit.

It'll be a miracle if we win this one.

Lime_Green

Juniors
On the Raiders site both Thompson and Bickerstaff have had their returns reslated for round 7 instead of round 6.

I presume that they are both likely non starters then.

aussies1st

Staff member
Can't see either of them being rushed back in. We still have some good replacements for Costigan and if needed Tom LL.

julian87

Juniors
No way. Campo and Bronx all the way.

I may sound dumb but I think we have the depth to cover that amount of injuries. I think Weyman, Turling, Williams, Picker, Campo and Rothery will all step up if need be.

Chachi

Bench
We do have good depth this year (in most positions) and I think we'll name a lineup which will at least be competitive, but there will be a lot of pressure on Carney, Withers and Zilly to perform.

I'd also wouldn't mind seeing Campo tried in the centres to cover Graham, or even Goodwin to the wing moving Best to the centres (although that would probably be a defensive disaster). Howell doesn't deserve to be back in FG after his PL performance - I think I'd prefer Chalk with 5 busted ribs at this stage.

Our one saving grace is that their three quarters aren't exactly the best in the comp, but their backrow could potentially destroy us on the edges. Withers, Dunny, Carney and Tongue are in for a very busy night methinks.

Hopefully Kimmorley, Bird or Dykes puts in one of their regular shockers!

Chachi

Bench
Hopefully he's due for one then. The dude is mentally unstable IMO - it's just a pity Costigan won't be out there to put him off his game.

Latest posts