What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thomas Mikaele

Vic Mackey

Referee
What an absolute revelation this guy has been for us. Last time I thought he turned the game when he came on.

34 minutes
13 hit ups
133ms
49 post contact Meters (massive)
1 offload

He brings real energy and aggression when he comes on that a forward hasn’t given us for years. At 190cm, 109kgs yet very mobile I think the sky is the limit for him. Glad we’ve wrapped him up and wouldn’t be surprised if he forces his way into the QLD side next year.

The unknown

Juniors
What an absolute revelation this guy has been for us. Last time I thought he turned the game when he came on.

34 minutes
13 hit ups
133ms
49 post contact Meters (massive)
1 offload

He brings real energy and aggression when he comes on that a forward hasn’t given us for years. At 190cm, 109kgs yet very mobile I think the sky is the limit for him. Glad we’ve wrapped him up and wouldn’t be surprised if he forces his way into the QLD side next year.

Hes like a better version of Pangai junior

If he could develop an offload game hed be unstoppable

I honestly haven't seen a defender put him on his back as of yet, always bends the line

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hes like a better version of Pangai junior

If he could develop an offload game hed be unstoppable

I honestly haven't seen a defender put him on his back as of yet, always bends the line

Thats a fairly good compatison actually. Worth noting that TPJ has 2 years on Mikaele and he didnt really make a name for himself until last year. If Mikaele continues to improve I'd hate to know what his next contract will be worth.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Yep... glad he is locked up for another two years ... probably on unders given his recent form,..

At least a lot of the current duds in the squad will have moved on one way or another freeing up plenty of coin when they have to negotiate his next deal for 2022

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mikaele, Aloiai, Chee-Kam, Matterson - we have the makings of a very good pack there.

Garner and Twal as well.

Mikaele is doing extremely well.

Agree

8. Twal
9. Liddle
11. MCK
12. Garner
13. Matterson

14. Mikaele
15. Aloiai

It’s looking very healthy indeed. I’d really like us to sign an experienced prop to lead them. Even someone like Matt Prior for a year or two would be great IMO

Tiger05

First Grade
Look at that pack that Vic put there. It's quality, If we had Hass that would make that pack unreal. Cab you imagine playing schoolboys and lining up against Hass and Mikaele.

The unknown

Juniors
Look at that pack that Vic put there. It's quality, If we had Hass that would make that pack unreal. Cab you imagine playing schoolboys and lining up against Hass and Mikaele.

I'm pretty sure Mikaele, Pangai Junior and Haas all played in the same Keebra park team, so yeah it happened

magpie4ever

First Grade
Bloody hell, where did this love-in come from, for a young bloke who let's be realistic has been ordinary.

Pangai also was a Newcastle junior for the record.

The unknown

Juniors
Wait what

ordinary?

Opinions are fine but I'm not sure how 134m in less than a half of footy is ordinary

Like Vic said changed the whole game when he came on. He does that regularly too

magpie4ever

First Grade
Wait what

ordinary?

Opinions are fine but I'm not sure how 134m in less than a half of footy is ordinary

Like Vic said changed the whole game when he came on. He does that regularly too

"One swallow doesn't make a summer".

I have seen some ordinary performances.

Potential, yes; but that is about it.

He is as raw as a greyhounds dinner but he is someone I am happy to put 2 years of development into. His potential is there just needs time to realise it and reduce the errors in his game. I'm happy to have him for 2 more years. Big and strong and will only get bigger and stronger. Let's hope we find more with his upside

The unknown

Juniors
"One swallow doesn't make a summer".

I have seen some ordinary performances.

Potential, yes; but that is about it.

Fair enough. I read somewhere he has on average the best metres per run in the comp, which is pretty damn good for a young pup

Agree

8. Twal
9. Liddle
11. MCK
12. Garner
13. Matterson

14. Mikaele
15. Aloiai

It’s looking very healthy indeed. I’d really like us to sign an experienced prop to lead them. Even someone like Matt Prior for a year or two would be great IMO

Promising once we offload that expensive deadwood and buy a couple of decent names to back them up, or identify some more promising young blokes to come on through.

Pezz70

Juniors
This kid going good - he was good tonight against cowboys, one error but solid and goes hard. He keeps his head screwed on he’ll be a star. Really has a dig

Latest posts