What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thomo re-signs

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I think Goose summed Thommo up beautifully. He said that he's really doing nothing different to what he has wanting to be be doing for years but in a team where Gaz, Baz etc all want the ball he didn't get to stand out.

Gus says he is appreciated at the Sharks and just loves the added responsibility of being a leader and getting the ball.

Don't often agree with Gus but I reckon he's nailed it there

Macca

Coach
Absolutely.

IMO, the best thing about Thomo is not his actual play. It's not even his leadership. It's how other players respond to having him next to them. They feel more comfortable with him out there. They like looking to their right or left and knowing that's it's Lance there beside them. I think Raper might have mentioned this the other night aswell.

Birdy and Wombat have really responded to him aswell.

Its great that Thompson, then Covell, Bird & Stosic will be all at club next year, it makes it a lot easier when going into market, what we are really looking at, if by weeks end of these are signed we should hit the marketplace hard.

The player we should be going for Ben Creagh, is similiar to Phil Bailey, just quicker would be great asset, in centres, and if we get some injures back rower as well

Frenzy.

Post Whore
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Its great that Thompson, then Covell, Bird & Stosic will be all at club next year, it makes it a lot easier when going into market, what we are really looking at, if by weeks end of these are signed we should hit the marketplace hard.

The player we should be going for Ben Creagh, is similiar to Phil Bailey, just quicker would be great asset, in centres, and if we get some injures back rower as well

Creagh :arrow: Manly.

Would be a good buy though. We're not talking to him though.

1 prop and a couple of 3/4s is all we are looking to get.

Macca

Coach
Frenzy. said:

Yep.

Anyone watch the Tigers/Penny game last night? Who fared better out of Galea and Elford?

Inferno

Coach
Frenzy. said:

Is it still Ian Donnelly? I heard he went down with an ankle injury against the Dogs, be out for 8 weeks.

Newy Shark!

Juniors
Thing in todays paper about Creagh and how he could be leaving the Dragons. Thats only because he wants $280k a season. I wouldnt pay that much for him...

Shark

Bench
Frenzy. said:
I think Goose summed Thommo up beautifully. He said that he's really doing nothing different to what he has wanting to be be doing for years but in a team where Gaz, Baz etc all want the ball he didn't get to stand out.

I saw that too. And I actually agreed with the stupid prick for once.

As for 'throwing all we have' at Webster...I want him in Sharks colours, for sure...But throwing stupid money at him simply because he's suddenly become a limited commodity (ie 3/4) isn't good business. If we can get him at the right money, then great. If not, create our own centre by putting a couple of our 2nd rowers into some sprint training. Instant Hymie. Hell, have a look at how Sonny Bill Who is going in the #3. If he's not Chris McKenna re-incarnated I'm not here.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Jimako said:
I think Ciraldo has a similar build to SBW & wouldn;t look out of place in the centres.

Well I reckon Williams looks out of place in the centres as he is f*cking hopeless. Worstdefensive centre in the comp.
but f*ck hey, dont those shoulder charges look good when the sweat flys off!
want to see tackle, a real tackle, talk to bettie or Villa.
SBW, quickly becoming a myth.

Problem is Ciraldo, grabs in tackles, hasnt looked the best when defending out wide.

How about Phil Bailey, if Wigan relegated, they can only have 1 import that is Barrett, would there be chance Bailey back at sharks

Special K

Coach
Ciraldo needs a serious mean streak. He has potential and a truck load off it just lacks anger.

I find it hard to believe he and Galloway used to terriorise teams in our monster flegg sides.. Maybe it will come in a few years but I have my doubts.

Sharkie™

Juniors
if there was any doubt over thomos re-signing, i hope he picks up the paper today and looks how the bunnies went yesterday.

Thomo.

First Grade
this is far from the truth:

THOMMO is heading to the titans, with evryone else!:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Shark

Bench
beekershark said:
Confirmed today-See 2 years Thommo thread.

Got a subscription email from the club today, 3 years, Shark till the end of 2009. Great deal for him and us, given that we wanted 2 and he wanted 4.