What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thompson deserves to play for NSW just as much as Fitzgibbon

God-King Dean

Immortal
& I'll show you why....

Thompson has made 16 appearences this year, Fitzgibbon 21

This is there total stats for the year.

Tries
Thom. 3 Fitz.2

Tackles
Thom.488 Fitz.636

Offloads
Thom.47 Fitz.38

Try Assists
Thom.2 Fitz.1

Line breaks
Thom.5 Fitz.1

Hit-ups
Thom.262 Fitz.285

Metres gained
Thom.2153 Fitz.2151

DH runs
Thom.30 Fitz.5

Errors
Thom.10 Fitz.20

Mistackles
Thom.19 Fitz.26

If you're not satisfied with those stats, here's their averages for each game this year

Tacks
Thom-30.5 Fitz-30.3

Off/L
Thom-2.9 Fitz-1.8

Linebreaks
Thom-0.3 Fitz-0.0

H/UPS
Thom-16.4 Fitz-13.6

Metres Gained
Thom-134.6 Fitz-102.4

DH runs
Thom-1.9 Fitz-0.2

Errors
Thom-0.6 Fitz-1.0

Mistackles
Thom-1.2 Fitz-1.2

RABK

Referee
But there stats from club games. Fitzgibbon has proven over the past 2 origin series he can take his stats to the highest level of the game. Thompson hasn't been handed the oppurtunity to prove his credentials at origin level. He might carry his stats to origin or he might go missing and make maybe 10 tackles and 6 hitups. Fitzgibbon has stamped himself as NSW's premier forward and at rep level even surpasses hindmarsh in stats.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah you're right. Let's dump the rep and NSW player of the year. Its a sad situation of affairs but a generation of stat freaks are developing. F@ck the stats, watch the game. Thompson is good and maybe he does deserve a go, but certianly no where near Fitzgibbon who is first forward picked.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Red and Blue Knight said:
But there stats from club games. Fitzgibbon has proven over the past 2 origin series he can take his stats to the highest level of the game. Thompson hasn't been handed the oppurtunity to prove his credentials at origin level. He might carry his stats to origin or he might go missing and make maybe 10 tackles and 6 hitups. Fitzgibbon has stamped himself as NSW's premier forward and at rep level even surpasses hindmarsh in stats.

Well that's not really fair. Club matches are how you get into Origin. That's why I think Thompson deserves it just as much as Fitz.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Tommy Smith said:
Yeah you're right. Let's dump the rep and NSW player of the year. Its a sad situation of affairs but a generation of stat freaks are developing. F@ck the stats, watch the game. Thompson is good and maybe he does deserve a go, but certianly no where near Fitzgibbon who is first forward picked.

F*ck the stats?

Fitzgibbon is not a playmaker, nor is Thompson, so stats actually show what they do

RABK

Referee
Immortal said:
Red and Blue Knight said:

Well that's not really fair. Club matches are how you get into Origin. That's why I think Thompson deserves it just as much as Fitz.

Thats why i said "Thompson hasn't been handed the oppurtunity to prove his credentials at origin level. He might carry his stats to origin or he might go missing and make maybe 10 tackles and 6 hitups." in thompson's defense ;-)

RABK

Referee
Well give paul gallen a sky blue jumper his stats are better than both. :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
I'd have Thompson in my side any day of the week. The little red headed battler, who's now showing off a few ball skills also.

I always thought they keep picking the wrong one in Shaun Timmins ahead of Thompson. Thompson performs regularly, Timmins is an overrated nuff nuff.

Kris_man

Bench
Well give paul gallen a sky blue jumper his stats are better than both
:clap: :clap: SWISH!
well put. Here's the acid test: who would you prefer at your club - Thompson or Fitzgibbon? i'd take Fitzgibbon in a flash.

RABK

Referee
Fitzgibbon by a mile. He's just an awesome forward leader. A guy u can build a club around. something the roosters will do when he's announced captain soon ;-) But thompson is right up there with him in playing abilty and is probally one of the most passionate blokes in league.

Special K

Coach
Thompson is one of the dumbest people ever. He said he didn't like his early form because he did boxing last year... So what does he do this year? Boxing!

He has a high workrate but he is not rep standard.

Just on Gallen - When NSW didn't have a 5/8 for game 2(before Freddy came back) someone said to Gus what about Gallen and Gus replied with "he is a queenslander isn't he?" then he was told about Gallen being a nsw boy and gusses eyes opened up and he wrote it down. Hopefully Gus gets into stickys ear and gets Gallen atleast a city/country game :D

Red Bear

Referee
Thompsons is excellent but it will be hard to get in ahead of
Fitzy
Hindmarsh
Ryan
Timmins

There is huge back-row depth in NSW and the incumbents keep playing bloody well.

Latest posts