What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thompson in Junior Roos

Bay56

First Grade
Brophy would have to put on a few kegs before he gets to NRL standard ... lots of potential from what I've seen.

Great to see Jarrod Croker in the AS side ... saw him a few seasons back in the junior grades and was a standout. Pity young Woolford is leaving as again he was a standout in the junior grades.

parra pete

Referee
How has Levi Freeman been performing for the Raiders. I have been told Newcastle is keen on him..but he wants to stay a Raider...

gph

Juniors
parra pete said:
How has Levi Freeman been performing for the Raiders. I have been told Newcastle is keen on him..but he wants to stay a Raider...

I think he's doing pretty well, looks safe at the back, I hope the Raiders hang on to him. Hard to hang on to everyone though

thickos

First Grade
dubby said:
Hey Gorilla, I'm from Leeton originally. You see the Greenies won the GF on the weekend?

I went to school at Yanco, and our rival was Red bend college. ALways a tough game but we beat them most times.

Leeton and Yanco ay dubby? A very good friend of mine and her sister, who is also a friend, grew up in Leeton and worked at Yanco. Both are in Sydney now, and they are the only two people I've ever met to come from those places :lol: Surname is Schultz if by some chance you know them.

reptar

Juniors
My flatmate from first year of uni's girlfriend came from Leeton. Her name was Kelly... do you know her? :p

thickos

First Grade
You'd think there's a good chance, everyone knows everyone in towns that small... right?? :sarcasm: :p

dubby said:
Hey Gorilla, I'm from Leeton originally. You see the Greenies won the GF on the weekend?

I went to school at Yanco, and our rival was Red bend college. ALways a tough game but we beat them most times.

-Nah didnt watch the GF
-Leeton is always a well drilled team in all grades
-Did you play for Leeton or Yanco when u were at school in Yanco because those 2 teams really hate each other

dubby

Bench
thickos said:
Leeton and Yanco ay dubby? A very good friend of mine and her sister, who is also a friend, grew up in Leeton and worked at Yanco. Both are in Sydney now, and they are the only two people I've ever met to come from those places :lol: Surname is Schultz if by some chance you know them.

Schultz is a common name in Leeton. I think I knew a Karen Schulz from years ago, cant remember for sure.

Leetons population is about 9k and Yanco is about 500 so we all know each other, have picnics together and have the same special pair of brown shoes we all wear to church!:p

dubby

Bench
reptar said:
My flatmate from first year of uni's girlfriend came from Leeton. Her name was Kelly... do you know her? :p

Yeah I know Kelly. Went out with her when I was 19. Nice girl.

I am serious BTW. :sarcasm:

dubby

Bench
gorilla with a shotgun said:
-Nah didnt watch the GF
-Leeton is always a well drilled team in all grades
-Did you play for Leeton or Yanco when u were at school in Yanco because those 2 teams really hate each other

Leeton is a very strong League town and is always competitive in all grades. Its a real feat considering we only have about 11k in the Shire and have to supply Yanco with players.

I played from U7s to U11s for Leeton in JRL. As I went to Yanco High, I played for Yanco during High School. After school I played for the Barellen Rams! :D

You are right about the rivalry between Yanco and Leeton. It is very intense and often spiteful in the game and the crowd. One year both clubs were going very well and we drew a crowd of over 3000 to the Leeton Sports Ground to watch. Leeton got spanked by Yanco, :( but it made the papers on the size of the crowd. Usually you get about 1500 to a game between the two if its at Leeton, or about 800-1000 if its in Yanco.

reptar

Juniors
dubby said:
Yeah I know Kelly. Went out with her when I was 19. Nice girl.

I am serious BTW. :sarcasm:
Yes, I was being serious too. And if it's the same Kelly, then yes she is an extremely nice girl.

dubby

Bench
reptar said:
Yes, I was being serious too. And if it's the same Kelly, then yes she is an extremely nice girl.

Can you ask her for my year 10 jersey back please? ;-)

Spike

First Grade
It doesn't surprise me that Thompson made the junior roo side. As someone mentioned earlier he does resemble Ryan Hoffman in the way that he plays. Centre so is equally at home in the second row. Would assume he'll take one of the centre spots in first grade before by the second half of next season barring injury.

parra pete

Referee
MEDIA RELEASE

The Chairman of the Australian Rugby League, Mr Colin Love AM, has announced the Junior Kangaroos to take part in next month’s tour of Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand.

PLAYER
CLUB
Backs

Jarryd Hayne
Parramatta

Shannon Walker
Tweed Heads

Michael Jennings
Penrith

Israel Folau
Melbourne Storm

Will Chambers
Brisbane Norths /Melbourne Storm

Kris Keating
Parramatta

Tim Moltzen
Balmain Ryde

Trent Hodkinson
Parramatta

Michael Brophy
Canberra Raiders

Forwards
Aidan Tolman
Brisbane Norths

Tim Mannah
Parramatta

Tony Williams
Parramatta

Joel Thompson
Brisbane Norths

Anthony Mitchell
Parramatta

Lagi Setu
St George Illawarra

Martin Lewis
Parramatta

Chris Lawrence
WestsTigers

Wade Dunley
Western Suburbs Magpies

Coach
Matt Cameron
Parramatta

Manager
Glenn Bennett
QRL

-Please note selection of team is subject to change pending 2007 ARL Kangaroos selection and medical evaluations-[/center][/center]

2007 ARL Junior Kangaroos itinerary:

Junior Kangaroos v Fiji
Friday 5th October, 2007 – Fiji National Stadium, Suva
Junior Kangaroos v Tonga
Wednesday 10th October, 2007 –Teufaiva Stadium, Tonga
Junior Kangaroos v Junior Kiwis
Sunday 14th October, 2007 – Westpac Stadium, Wellington NZ

philstorm

Juniors
Nup, Tolman's with us for a few more years, Chachi.

Gutted to hear about Thompson joining the Raiders, though. Fair enough though given he's a local boy.

Absolute gun.

Chachi

Bench
philstorm said:
Nup, Tolman's with us for a few more years, Chachi.

Gutted to hear about Thompson joining the Raiders, though. Fair enough though given he's a local boy.

Absolute gun.
Fair dinkum you blokes are a production line. It will be interesting to see what sort of impact O'Sullivan leaving will have though.

Latest posts