What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts From The Ground

jc155776

Coach
So I ventured out with my four year old son today to Suncorp for his first ever Sharks game. Here are some thoughts from the ground, without having a chance to watch replays etc….

1. Not game day related but a great family vibe for the day. Lots of fans of every team wandering around Brisbane and surrounding Suncorp. Would advise people to travel up. Glad we were playing an arvo game on a non Bronco day. It also helped that most teams playing today have a history of disappointment, made it easy to have a commiseration laugh those around.

2. That sun that Katoa was looking into was wicked bright. Horrible. By halftime it had f**ked off so the kicking to that corner would have been pointless. He looked shocked at how bad he was playing first half but second half ylu. Priced now committed because was trying to make up for it.

3. We kept hitting the front player way too much all game. We’d go left and always hit the back rower for a crash ball when we had them stripped wider. Personally I think we should be hitting the crash ball AFTER the out the back ball keeps getting shut down.

4. We lost because of execution not effort at least. Although our heads seemed elsewhere some plays.

5. Zero players trailing in back up. It’s so notecable at the game when Tieg is looking to offload and there is no one around. Or we offload to another forward who hits it up another 5 metres.

6. lots of sharks fans. We need to convert them to members however the interstate membership options are poor. I had a family one until this year and they didn’t even offer it this year. Don’t want to shell out for my wife and 18 month old daughter to be members when they will get nothing out of it.

7. The amount of times Trindall kills overlaps is frustrating to watch. She’s back into numbers and gets caught every time. He’s trying too hard almost.

8. Would love to blame the ref for that first half but we had a massive rub of green at times and just couldn’t convert. We lost to a team that defended very well.

9. We can’t stop an offload.

sucks to be us this week, not panic stations but can’t play like that again.

jc155776

Coach
Did you see this or hear about it jc?

Nah I only went today for the one game as a four year old can only stay still for so long.

Couldn’t pay me enough to go to the Friday night games. Wouldn’t take a kid to any Suncorp league game at night, Broncos fans are feral.

A great deal different watching it live instead of on the TV.
Piece of advice, do not read the game day thread.
You'll ask yourself as to what game were we all watching compared to you.
Hope you had a great day with your lad, mate.

Cheese sandwich

First Grade
The lad that got clobbered by the bloke in the sharks jersey went and king hit 2 blokes and then got clobbered again by the looks of it.

Love to know who the instigators were.

The lad that got clobbered by the bloke in the sharks jersey went and king hit 2 blokes and then got clobbered again by the looks of it.

Love to know who the instigators were.
ask and ye shall receive
Owen Cunningham, yes from the Sea Eagles, was the fella in the sling, and it was his sons trying to defend themselves.
He's not as old as he looks...

Cheese sandwich

First Grade
ask and ye shall receive
Owen Cunningham, yes from the Sea Eagles, was the fella in the sling, and it was his sons trying to defend themselves.
He's not as old as he looks...

Shit aye.

In all my time of going to the footy, which would probably be a few hundred games over the last 25 odd years, I've been lucky enough to rarely see that kind of stuff, the 1 time that stands out was our semi against the cowboys in 2016 where a few rows behind us there was a group that carried on the whole game probably similarly to how Cunningham describes those blokes and then after fulltime 1 of them ripped a seat out and launched it, hit a woman in the forearm a couple rows in front of me and looked like her arm was possibly fractured with how it blew up. When we left we saw the cops had him up in the concourse area.

Most people can handle their piss at the footy but it'll end up no drinks in the stands like the premier league soon, which suits me fine as a non drinker who gets the shits with having to stand up 10 times a half to let people through with their trays :D

R-15-3

Bench
Been a number of these of late with 1 thing in common, the high ground always comes out better off.
If someone is having a go sitting behind you get the f**k out of there.

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Nah I only went today for the one game as a four year old can only stay still for so long.

Couldn’t pay me enough to go to the Friday night games. Wouldn’t take a kid to any Suncorp league game at night, Broncos fans are feral.
Broncos fans are both fickle and feral. I used to take the missus to Suncorp on a regular basis but the feral fans were too feral. So we ended up going to the Gold Coast. Better atmosphere, better fans, and we won more games there lol

Ps. see how many times I used the term feral?