What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on Round 1

aenima1 said:
the dogs should have way too much up front, take puletua out of that panthers pack and its just about the weakest in the comp.

dogs 30 - panthers 12

lol... at losing to the weakest pack in the comp.

Rammo

Juniors
Get f**ked you Roosters wankers.

Don't you think you're jumping the gun abit?

You still have to beat Souths tomorrow.

C.P

Juniors
Holdsworth had a promising first up game
One day my dream will come true and Corey Hughes will never play 1st grade again

BIGMAC

Juniors
Hughes was lucky not to get ten in the bin , he is an absolute boil on the arse of the bulldogs , he has to be dropped .
Holdsworth was great for you guys and will be someone to hold onto.

Cammo

Bench
Sherwin didn't have a great game, but give him some time. Holdsworth played really well and hopefully he can keep it up.

Corey was a major problem, giving away those stupid penalties cost us valuable field postion and just kept Penrith going foward right when we needed to be on the front foot. Folkes must have been tearing his hair out.

Smartman

Juniors
Im feeling more confident against the tigers next week than i did against the Panthers.

We will be fired up next week. :cool:

ibrmo01

Juniors
i'l have to agree with smartman, we can't forget the fact that this line up have not played together for nearly a year, even in the trial games they weren't all there.

I think they are still a bit rusty, they will look at their mistakes, folkesy will slap them around a little ESPECIALLY Corey and next week should be better hopefully.

My only concern was holdsworthy and he's looking OK.

I think we will go on a winning streak soon even if not next week it will be in just a matter of time

Dogaholic

First Grade
Corey > PL
Holdsworth showed some good things but lacked some direction at times.
Ryan held onto the ball way too much, tonga touched the ball only twice i think!!!
We need a change in our defensive style, we need to be in the oppositions face like when Lobster ran out of the line! Need to get up quicker, every team makes far too much yardage off us!!

JK

It was great to see Tonga try and run around his man with that big fend again!

Corey to PL
Myles to catching practice (like seriously - WTF???)
Ryan to The Biggest Gainer - has he lost like 10kgs or something? Looked like a pale image of himself.

Positives
Holdsworth was solid
MASON!
O'Meley was ok coming back from injury.

ibeme

First Grade
I had an engagement party to go to on Saturday night, and haven't been able to see the game.

Things I was particularly keen on knowing were:

Tonga's performance - Even taking his injury problem last year, he hasn't been the player he was when he first made headlines at the Bulldogs in SOO. I was hoping to see that confidence and involvement return to his play. Sounds like he showed some glimpses of it.

Holdworth - I've never really seen him play, and I wanted to see how he and Sherwin combined. Did they combine ok? And how was his kicking game?

Shrek - Wanted to see if his confidence was there after his injury. How did he go?

Also, I saw a short replay of the Shrek/Miles tackle. Looked to me like Miles might possibly have a case to answer, but Shrek should be alright?