What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three plus three equals...

coolumsharkie

Referee
Seven? :lol:

SEVEN SHARKS TO PLAY CITY-COUNTRY CLASH

30.04.07 13:17 Age: 8 min
The Sharks have had seven players – three in each team – named to play in Thursday night’s City v Country match to be held in Coffs Harbour.

As was predicted by many, Greg Bird, Brett Kimmorley and Luke Douglas gained Country selection, while as expected Paul Gallen was chosen for the City team.
Added those four was Lance Thompson, with City selectors unable to ignore his claims to a place in the second row, while Ben Pomeroy was something of a surprise choice on the City team interchange bench.
The last inclusion was local junior Reece Williams, with the Sharks back rower called into the side due to the withdrawal of Bulldogs lock Reni Maitua.
Pomeroy has earned plenty of praise of late with his strong form at left centre for the Sharks. A strong-running type, City coach Tim Sheens may also be tempted to use Pomeroy in the back row should an opportunity arise to introduce him into the game.
The most interesting match up on the City-Country night may well be that between Gallen and Bird. Close friends off the field, each will be looking to gain the upper hand on the other, with the player who stands out more than likely putting themselves in the frame for NSW State of Origin selection. CITY SQUAD; COUNTRY SQUAD
The seven Sharks face a difficult week, beginning with tonight’s clash with the Knights, the representative fixture on Thursday and a trip to New Zealand for a game next Saturday night against the Warriors.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Country v City Teams
Monday, April 30, 2007 - 10:19 AM

Following are the teams for the Country v City Origin match:

Country Vs City
BCU International Stadium
Thursday 7.30pm (Local)

Country
1. Brett Stewart (Sea Eagles)
2. Josh Morris (Dragons)
3. Anthony Quinn (Storm)
4. Phil Graham (Raiders)
5. Amos Roberts (Roosters)
6. Kurt Gidley (Knights)
7. Brett Kimmorley (Sharks)
8. Brett White (Storm)
9. Danny Buderus (Knights) (c)
10. Craig Fitzgibbon (Roosters)
11. Greg Bird (Sharks)
12. Anthony Laffranchi (Titans)
13. Ben Creagh (Dragons)

Interchange:
14. Preston Campbell (Titans)
15. Luke Douglas (Sharks)
16. Ben Cross (Storm)
17. Clint Newton (Knights)

City
1. Anthony Minichiello (Roosters)
2. Jarryd Hayne (Eels)
3. Luke Lewis (Panthers)
4. Dean Collis (Wests Tigers)
5. Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs)
6. Braith Anasta (Roosters)
7. Craig Gower (Panthers) (c)
8. Jason King (Sea Eagles)
9. Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)
10. Lance Thompson (Sharks)
11. Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles)
12. Ryan Hoffman (Storm)
13. Paul Gallen (Sharks)

Interchange:
14. Craig Wing (Roosters)
15. Reece Williams (Sharks)
16. Bryce Gibbs (Wests Tigers)
17. Ben Pomeroy (Sharks

spider

Coach
we have reece playing lock in the club games

3 + 3 = 7

do these guys research, let alone proof what they type????

carcharias

Immortal
I wonder if any of the 7 ( 3 in each side ) will hold back a bit tonight .

First rep game a few days later....maybe we might see some blokes not wanting to hurt themselves for fear of missing out.

Jimako

Juniors
I was thinking the same thing, will some of them not go 100% tonight in case they get injured. I guess we'll know at around 9 pm. I just hope they go hard & put the knights to the sword.

millersnose

Post Whore
from here on in these players know that rep selectors will be watching them

they are all keen to play SOO

i cant see anyone having a soft game this part of the year

Nuffs

Bench
i think the pom will have a stormer tonight - just to try and prove doubters wrong

and dougie should go well. he's always solid

the other guys are too experienced to go soft tonight to be right for Thurs night

Chondricthyes

Juniors
carcharias said:
Hard , soft ....

Lets just hope they don't make dicks of themselves.

boom..boom...

They had better play like the contracted pro's they are. We need this win with all the games alot of the side is playing in a short space of time.

fatshark

Bench
Good on the boys...what a farce on the part of the NRl on the game day fixtures...bloody disgrace.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
carcharias said:

First rep game a few days later....maybe we might see some blokes not wanting to hurt themselves for fear of missing out.

Been thinking the same thing carch but then I decided that they may well be so hyped now they could go to town on the Knights.

Have the Sharks ever had 7 representatives in the one rep fixture?

Ausguy

Coach
carcharias said:

would seem they all held back, including th eones not selected to play C v C