What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thuga's thoughts ( 8th Edition )

thuganomics

Coach
Hello Peeps, Another week of Thuga's thoughts and I have decided to do something different for this weeks thuga's thoughts. I’m not going to talk about the Week in wrestling for a week or so and im going to talk about a different topic, this week it is one of my favorite stables that I will talk about, one of the best stables in the history of Wrestling. That of coarse is Degeneration X!

Degeneration X started on September 20, 1997 when Shawn Michaels, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and Chyna at the WWE's UK PPV "One Night Only". During this time they made fun of absolutely anyone and stopped at nothing to humiliate anyone that got in their way. One moment that stands out in my mind was when HHH was taking on Bret Hart on a RAW match leading up to Survivor Series 1997, HBK Shawn Michaels was at Ring side and the Canadian Flag was on the Corner Ring pole, and HBK scrunched the corner of it up and put it in his nose and started moving with it hanging from his nose. Very Funny. Then on November 9, 1997, Shawn Michaels defeated Bret Hart to win the WWF World Heavyweight Title in Montreal, Canada in the famous “screw job ". After HBK was on top of the mountain with the WWE title, HHH also held the European title and DX were much hated, but many fans could not help themselves from laughing at the antics. When Vince McMahon made the announcement at the end of February 1998 that Iron Mike Tyson was going to be the Special Guest Enforcer for the Main event at Wrestlemania 1998 between Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels, Shawn Michaels then came up with a bigger bombshell and it was later found out that Mike Tyson joined D-X. However at Wrestlemania, Mike Tyson backstabbed D-X and fast counted Stone Cold Steve Austin to victory. The next night on RAW was one of the biggest turning points in the history of D-X and with Shawn Michaels out of action due to his back injury, HHH then "Fired" Shawn Michaels from D-X and an old friend named X-Pac joined the stable. HHH then took over at the top of D-X and he was running the show. Not to long after HHH then added the New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg Jesse James and Billy Gunn) to the stable. Then came some classic D-X moments when they did some hilarious stuff to WCW. In April DX then went to "war" with WCW when they "invaded" the Scope in Norfolk, Virginia, where WCW Monday NITRO was taken place. In May 11, 1998- DX then "invades" WCW Headquarters at CNN One Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
Then In May 25, 1998 - Hunter Hearst Helmsley "flies" over an arena where WCW Monday NITRO is taken place and skywrites "WCW Sucks" and "DX Says Suck It." Each moment was a classic.

When Shawn Michaels returned in a non - wrestling role to the WWE, he was at ring side durign a X-Pac match. It was obvious that HBK did not like the new members of D-X so he cost X-Pac the match by hitting him with the Sweet Chin Music and he then joins Vince McMahon's Corporation. Shawn then was named Commissioner of the WWE.
Shawn then got fired from being commissioner and he turned on the Corporation. When HHH finally got a WWE Title match against the Rock in a "I quit Match" on RAW, every fan was in for a big surprise. HHH had Rock finished, he hit a Pedigree in the ring, then Hit on on the outside, then was about to Pedigree the Rock on top of the announce Table. Until the Corporation came out led by the Big Bossman and Kane and they took Chyna and Big Bossman said that you say I quit and Kane wont Destroy Chyna. HHH said the words I quit and lost the match and the corporate team then left Chyna alone. When HHH went to the ring to make sure that Chyna was alright, Chyna then turned on HHH and joined the corporate team for the money and for a better future. Wrestlemania 15 was a big one for D-X, HHH had a match with Kane, where Chyna then turned on Kane and joined HHH and D-X again. But later on became the big surprise, X-Pac had a match won against Shane McMahon for the European title, until HHH hit the pedigree on X-Pac while Chyna distracted the Referee and Shane won the Match. HHH and Chyna had turned on DX!
So now was the time when we had only X-Pac and the Outlaws part of D-X. Kane had a tag team with X-Pac happening but was never a official member of D-X. On May 2, 1999 Billy Gunn turns against X-Pac during a tag team match and goes solo as well. At Fully Loaded 1999 X-Pac and Road Dogg took on Billy Gunn and Chyna for the rights to the D-X name, which Road Dogg and X-Pac later won. Then on September 23, 1999 Jesse James and Billy Gunn reform the New Age Outlaws and win the WWE World Tag Team Titles from The Rock and Mankind. X-Pac continued his tag team with Kane in the mean time while HHH was on top of the world as WWE champion. Then on October 25, 1999: Hunter Hearst Helmsley and X-Pac helped the New Age Outlaws to defeat The Rock and Steve Austin and Degeneration X is reformed. X-Pac then turned on Kane and D-X was once again a heel stable. HHH then married Stephanie McMahon and basically left DX, Billy Gunn got kicked out due to injury and Road Dogg and X-Pac continued teaming until they broke up. In July 2002 Shawn Michaels returned and it had seemed that him and HHH would re-form D-X, however HHH had different ideas and took him out with a Pedigree.

How good was this stable, they had everything. As I stated they did some things to WCW that were hilarious but they did some other funny stuff on the WWE stage. In My opinion, the greatest stable ever. :clap:

DXGRO.jpg

Thuga's post of the week

Voice of Reason said:
:lol: :lol: Bubs. I can't resist this one:
Vince McMahon- Manly
Vince walks like he has been the lastest victim of John Hopoate :lol: :lol:

Please give me feed back on my column for the week.
Cheers,
Thuga

MILLWALL

Juniors
ive got the clip of when they went to wcw funny as and i still think when they were around wrestling was at its peak

Raider_69

Post Whore
yep, they killed it
DX was one of the truely top stables ever
a shame they bowed up so poorly IMO

Latest posts