What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thursday Discussion- 2 Referees

Stranger said:
So a players error doesn't affect the outcome of a game?

Fact is, error is human nature. When the video ref was coming in and fixing errors people were complaining that it was slowing the game, now the refs are on their own its not good enough.

Challenge system works in a very stop start game, that is not rugby league.
I agree that a challenge system in league just wouldnt work - but the video ref still needs to be taken advantage of.

big pat

Coach
Raidersrawesome said:
imagine having two bumbling idiots on the field. Why cant we just get the refs to ref the game instead of coaching the players , Eg Steve , Steve your off. Just blow the whistle FFS. At the moment the linesman might as well sit in the sheds having a beer. If we had officials that could do the job that was intended then we wouldnt be having this discusion. Two refs has merit but the current crop are so spineless and useless we would be wasting our time
i think you have nailed it, the refs are so incompetent, i mean look what we have got,clark,archer,badger,cummins, maxwell,makes you wince,buffoons the lot of them.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
So who is in control the 'Ruck Referee' or the 'Line Referee'?

Also, the Sideline officials are supposed to be the ones checking the 10m.

I think it would get too messy.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think when it comes to offside and ruck infringements they play too long an advantage and are hoping that the offside/ruck infringement doesn't affect the attacking teams momentum. They need to maybe blow a few more penalties.

forward pass

Coach
Natalie's Daddy said:
So who is in control the 'Ruck Referee' or the 'Line Referee'?

Also, the Sideline officials are supposed to be the ones checking the 10m.

I think it would get too messy.

The Ruck ref would be in charge. And he would get tipped off if the side is not back 10 and ruck ref decides whether to play on or not. Got to be better than what we have !

Stranger

Coach
Natalie's Daddy said:
I think when it comes to offside and ruck infringements they play too long an advantage and are hoping that the offside/ruck infringement doesn't affect the attacking teams momentum. They need to maybe blow a few more penalties.

Half the time they get shat on when they blow to many penalties.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Stranger said:
Half the time they get shat on when they blow to many penalties.

So maybe the problem is the fans don't know what they want?

Do they want a penalty for everything and have 30-40 every games or no penalties and a lot of warnings that get ignored?

goboggo

Juniors
Azkatro said:
Why take baby steps? Let's just reach the logical conclusion of all this nonsense and have 26 refs on the field - one watching each player at all times - plus a "senior" ref controlling the game. Then have another 27 refs in the box, again one monitoring each player on the field and a boss ref.

Then on the sideline we need one touch judge placed on both sides every 10m apart from corner post to corner post, then two patrolling each half of the dead ball area.

So a total of 80 referees per game. With 8 games a round, that's 640 referees employed every weekend. Plus they would all have to be full time so they all properly understand the strip rule.

:lol: :lol:

Killer final sentence sent me over the edge.