What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thursday Night Football must die!

pHyR3

Juniors
Definitely need at least 2 games Sunday 3pm on Fox and 9. simulcast would be good.

No MNF.

Maybe TNF, but has to be around 7:30.

oikee

Juniors
Another reason we need to hang onto Monday and Thrusday night's, if and when we add more teams we will have extra game to sell.
By sticking with Monday and Thursday nights now, will pay off down the track.
Get rid of it now and we are behind the blackball again.
What we need is patience and common sense.

Kirky

Juniors
meh, yeh it sucks for crowds, but its bloody great to have footy to watch on Thursdays and Mondays.

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of Thursdays, but would be pissed if they ditched MNF

Yep. From a purely selfish perspective, given the Raiders will likely never be given a Thursday slot, I love having footy to watch on TV Thursday nights. It'd suck having to attend a match, so for once i'm grateful that Nein doesn't know my team exists.

big hit!

Bench
unfortunately, if 9 don't get Thursday nights, they definitely won't budge from the Friday night double. it's shit watching the delay game on tele, but it's a great time to go to the footy. i'd say it's hadley that makes it unwatchable, not the delay and ads.

here's my ideal schedule:

2 x fri 1950 (9)
1 x sat 1500 (fox)
2 x sat 1920 (9 & fox)
1 x sun 1300 (fox)
2 x sun 1500 (9 delay & fox)

yeah, 9 have an extra game. there needs to be a FTA presence of Sat nights.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Another reason we need to hang onto Monday and Thrusday night's, if and when we add more teams we will have extra game to sell.
By sticking with Monday and Thursday nights now, will pay off down the track.
Get rid of it now and we are behind the blackball again.
What we need is patience and common sense.

Unfortunately there isn't much of that in the NRL hierarchy :x:x:x

God-King Dean

Immortal
People get 5 days of footy & complain.

White people problems......

Bring back Amco Cup & bring in Tuesday night football.

broncos2010

Juniors
To much complaining in this thread, I love being able to watch broncos live and not delayed with 100 million adds, All games should be live to everyone not just one state if that is why I hate fri night doubles that second game is such a waste.

Also Thu night feels like a fri night with the footy on early so I only have to live with 2 days without football :)

GW.

Juniors
WHY?
WHATS WRONG WITH IT

Its another night of footy?
Spreads the love to 5 days a week.

Unless you'd rather watch MKR repeats or accompany your woman to tursday night shopping?

Boo hoo to those who hace to remember to put their tips in one night earlier.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
If Channel 9 showed both game live into all cities, it would be fine on a Friday. The delayed games suck!

I don't mind Thursday. Monday is ok. Both is probably a bit much without more games and teams. Crowds are the big issue though. People don't go.