What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston tempted

eel4life

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/standoff-leaves-stars-stranded-20101023-16yht.html

THURSTON TEMPTED

THERE is no question that Johnathan Thurston was considering walking out on the Cowboys after they opted to give him a breach notice following his arrest. That's why Parramatta were prepared for the Matt Orford deal to move slowly. Now that the police dropped the charges he is likely to stay put. The Eels are in almost daily contact with Orford's manager, George Mimis.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/standoff-leaves-stars-stranded-20101023-16yht.html

THURSTON TEMPTED

THERE is no question that Johnathan Thurston was considering walking out on the Cowboys after they opted to give him a breach notice following his arrest. That's why Parramatta were prepared for the Matt Orford deal to move slowly. Now that the police dropped the charges he is likely to stay put. The Eels are in almost daily contact with Orford's manager, George Mimis.
was there ever any serious chance of him coming here or was it just a case of "waa waa you're all mean to me i hate it here im going to parramatta!"

hindy111

Post Whore
orford how much are we throwing at him??? i heard 300K . If so terrible signing.He is worth 200 tops

btaag

Juniors
When Stu was signed he made the back page of the Daily Mirror - I was quite excited (being 13 at the time). We won our first game with him playing - Parra vs Canturbury in 1992? (Off the top of my head).

Great player and a great (if somewhat depressing) era to be a Parra fan.

Captain BF

Juniors
\
Great player and a great (if somewhat depressing) era to be a Parra fan.
I'm going to disagree here mate... He had a go each and every week, but he certainly wasn't great. Also, it certainly was not a great era for our club.

p.s. btaag, it seems we may be about the same age 32...

bartman

Immortal
We might be in daily contact with Orford's manager, but that won't change the fact Bradford (quite rightly) wants a big transfer fee if Orford quits his contract early.

I reckon we should be in daily contact with Bradford, if the idea is to leak to Weidler and convince fans that this might be more of a chance of coming off for 2011.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Imagine playing halfback for Parramatta right after Sterling, talk about tough acts to follow.

But I agree at least they put in each and every week.

btaag

Juniors
I'm going to disagree here mate... He had a go each and every week, but he certainly wasn't great. Also, it certainly was not a great era for our club.

p.s. btaag, it seems we may be about the same age 32...

Just lost a long response I had written!!

In summary : We are indeed of a similar age and era. You are right, 'Great' is the wrong word and your description of Stu and the era is accurate.

However, I look on that era with nostalgia - it strengthened me and made the subsequent success even more enjoyable.

I liked how the Parra teams of that era were outclassed, though they put in 100% most games and there were some cult players that I really warmed to (Dave Woods, Lee Oudenryn, Stu G, Joe Bartolo just to name a few).

Still - glad to be in 2010, going on to 2011 and not 1993 going on to 1994!!!!!!:D