What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston tempted

btaag

Juniors
Jason Smith just catch and pass!!!

I can relate to people with repressed memories - I have vivid recollections of the 1998 Semi vs North Sydney, though have blocked the 1998 Canturbury game from my mind.

Ditto the memories of the Newcastle and brisbane Semi wins in 1999 are glowing and that massive missed opportunity vs Melbourne in 1999 is blank (almost...SMITH - pass the ball!!! :crazy:)

I have said it before, but if we ever win a Grand Final, I am watching all of the Preliminary losses (98, 99, 2000, 2005, 2007) and Grand Final losses (2001, 2009) before sitting down and watching a replay of the GF win. I think I will become a very boring, mellow, detached person post GF win, but the stress levels will be lower :D:cool:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can relate to people with repressed memories - I have vivid recollections of the 1998 Semi vs North Sydney, though have blocked the 1998 Canturbury game from my mind.

Ditto the memories of the Newcastle and brisbane Semi wins in 1999 are glowing and that massive missed opportunity vs Melbourne in 1999 is blank (almost...SMITH - pass the ball!!! :crazy:)

I have said it before, but if we ever win a Grand Final, I am watching all of the Preliminary losses (98, 99, 2000, 2005, 2007) and Grand Final losses (2001, 2009) before sitting down and watching a replay of the GF win. I think I will become a very boring, mellow, detached person post GF win, but the stress levels will be lower :D:cool:
great post mate :lol: I am also 32 and I can relate to everything you have said. I have tried to block some of them losses out but geez it's hard. Thank goodness i have such a good memory
of 86 :)

*waits for HJ*

Well, braindrain's sarcastic post relating to Stu GODbraith should give my position immense strength. If braindrain puts crap on him then he must be legendary.

I liked how the Parra teams of that era were outclassed, though they put in 100% most games and there were some cult players that I really warmed to (Dave Woods, Lee Oudenryn, Stu G, Joe Bartolo just to name a few).

The Sparrow, Cammo, Kingy, Dunny, the Mahons, Speech, The Hoz, Johno, Flanno, The Drake, Billy, McPhail...

JLoco

Juniors
i'm guessing the JT rumour is dead. wasn't he due to mave a meeting with the board this week?

Maybe they should make a movie, and call it "The Temptation of Thurston". They could go through his whole life - right up until the point he was crucified....

(I reckon it would be better than The Temptation of Christ)