What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston

thesloth96

Juniors
Word is that the Eels are in strong talks with Thurston for season 2011.

Two other clubs going for his signature are the Cowboys (looking to resign of course) and an English club.

Personally I am not sure where they could rack up the money from, althought its not till 2011 so maybe there will be a few players missing out on being resigned if it goes ahead.

I would assume he would be at least 500k.

:D:D:D:D:D

Gronk

Staff member
Look for us signing him for a long term zillion $ contract and then his shoulders, knees and ankles all pack it in at once.

TheRam

Coach
Yeah right, good luck to us in trying, but we have buckleys chance and none in offering Thurston enough over what the Cowboys will to sway him to come back to Sydney.

Really what a pipe dream if true.

Avenger

Immortal
Yeah right, good luck to us in trying, but we have buckleys chance and none in offering Thurston enough over what the Cowboys will to sway him to come back to Sydney.

Really what a pipe dream if true.

Thurston has been quoted as saying that he wants to return to Sydney in 2011. I actually read it in RLW. There is every chance that we may get him because of the upteenth players that we have coming off contract at the end of 2010.

thesloth96

Juniors
Thurston has been quoted as saying that he wants to return to Sydney in 2011. I actually read it in RLW. There is every chance that we may get him because of the upteenth players that we have coming off contract at the end of 2010.

We can only hope... That would be unreal though.

Fingers crossed mate.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon he'll be getting on and even more injury prone by then

sooperdooper

First Grade
it is ages away so not to worry... if we are already thinking bout 2011 then obviously 2009 and 2010 dont look to good

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I reckon he'll be getting on and even more injury prone by then

So we shouldnt consider signing him?

I remember him saying he wanted to come back to Sydney too. With the pending retirement of Hindmarsh and Cayless due to go, Im sure we will have enough money. By 2013, if we sign him for that long, the salary cap will go up so he may get more then $500K.

I think almost every club will chase him, even Brisbane if Hunt goes and when Locky retires, but we certainly must take a crack at it. We might be at long odds to get him, but we shouldnt say "oh we are no chance, lets not bother at all".

jk13

First Grade
we should mention that there are more cougars in sydney to seal the deal

ianlovesparra

Juniors
This is the type of player you throw the money at, no one will say he is not worth this much or that much or paid overs for. He is the best player in the world, if your a chance of getting him then do what you got to do to secure his services.

with the pack of frowards and the current backs (maybe some gone or on less money) he could be very dominate in our team. Would get alot of people, including me, excited if he did sign withthe eels.

2010 could be an important year in that if we have a fairly successful year, he can see the improvement and maybe see the eels destined for bigger things. Have another like this year maybe he would not be so keen.

TheRam

Coach

Your dreamin!

Redback71

First Grade
we wont get him, but imagine if we did. We would have to be hot favourites to win priemership in 2011. depending on our squad.

1/ Hayne
2/ inu
3/ reddy
4/ b.smith
5/ grothe
6/ mortimer
7/ thurston
8/ fuifui
9/ m. keating
10/ poore
11/ hindy
12/ shackleton
13/ mateo

14/ k. keating
15/
16/
17/

Looking good. dont know what other contracts are, but maybe we can off load others as well. but that above squad would be impressive with thurston to guide them around.

Latest posts