What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket Prices

Eels Dude

Coach
You think AAMI Park is bad - at Suncorp and Titans you can't bring in any 'commercial' foods/drinks. This included my half drunk bottle of coke and the lady in front of me had a packet of Rice Crackers that she had to throw out!

I think you'll find it's quite similar at most stadiums. I tried to take a soft drink I'd bought from Maccas into Parramatta stadium a few weeks ago but was told I was not allowed because they don't allow people to take in drinks which have 'corporate' emblems on them that are not sponsors. It's a bit of a joke really this policing.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I know it costs about 25 bucks to sit on the hill at a knights game. Knock 10 bucks off that and i'd go to every game, coz i live like around the corner from it. Probably even buy a membership.

And yeah the security is also an issue. One person complains about you cheering for the away team and all of a sudden you're given a warning to keep your mouth shut or get turfed.

Yeah, my leg goes numb from an accident i had a while back. At AAMI sitting in reserved seats, paid 50 bucks, stood up coz my leg was hurting, got told to sit down or leave. WTF!

Me and my little cousin were able to bring henny penny into Energy Australia :)

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
Yeah but fans of the sport and teams need to address these issue's to the club.It's just an e-mail.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Done it witth my local team and everyone who has a problem should do it to there team as well as the NRL.

TV aside Rugby League is in the Entertainment/Hospitality industry so if I owned a club I want all my customers feel happy and relaxed about spending the afternoon/night at the Rugby and not feel ripped off.

skeepe

Immortal
Kind of agree with this. People whinge about poor crowds but in reality you're paying 25 bucks a ticket just for general admission these days. Some stadiums charge a fortune for food. A pie and chips costs nearly 10 bucks at ANZ and they charge 7 bucks for beer and about 4 bucks for a soft drink just as an example. Throw in transport, public or petrol and parking and it can be around 50 bucks minimum just for one person to attend a game.

And yeah the security is also an issue. One person complains about you cheering for the away team and all of a sudden you're given a warning to keep your mouth shut or get turfed.

Raiders GA tickets are $33, or $28 if you buy online (plus a $4.95 Ticketek fee).

They're the cheapest tickets you can get to Canberra Stadium. A junior GA ticket is $17. There are no special family tickets, so a family of 4 is paying $100 just to get through the gate (well, $105 if you include $5 parking).

It's a f**king miracle non-members go to Canberra Stadium at all.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Raiders GA tickets are $33, or $28 if you buy online (plus a $4.95 Ticketek fee).

They're the cheapest tickets you can get to Canberra Stadium. A junior GA ticket is $17. There are no special family tickets, so a family of 4 is paying $100 just to get through the gate (well, $105 if you include $5 parking).

Wow, thats ridiculous. You're saving 5 cents getting it online. What would the Mid ground front row seats cost then? 70 bucks? Jesus christ, tickets need to come down.

Eels Dude

Coach

That's horrible. And I thought Parramatta was bad. last year we were the cheapest in the league. 17 bucks for GA but it's 22 this year. And yes same problem with tiketek pricing. If I was to pre-book tickets I still have to pay an extras $4.95 even if i'm just paying for one ticket. Just via the internet for f**k sake.

So yeah can understand your pain. Once you add it up it costs a lot. I'm young enough to that I don't have a wife and kids yet, but I can certainly understand why those that do can't afford an afternoon/ night out at the footy.

Jubes

Juniors

Yeah the prices at Bruce are awful. I paid less to watch finals footy at ANZ than I did to watch a regular season game at Canberra.

Eels Dude

Coach
Wow, thats ridiculous. You're saving 5 cents getting it online. What would the Mid ground front row seats cost then? 70 bucks? Jesus christ, tickets need to come down.

Actually you dont save anything buying online. If your club uses ticketek you have to pay the $4.95 transaction fee regardless if you you pre purchase tickets because that's the only way to pre purchase tickets. If you buy them at the gate no surcharge.

Perth Red

Post Whore
2 hours at the conema $14 two hours at the footy $37. Know wonder the cinemas are packed with Families and the footy isn't.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Actually you dont save anything buying online. If your club uses ticketek you have to pay the $4.95 transaction fee regardless if you you pre purchase tickets because that's the only way to pre purchase tickets. If you buy them at the gate no surcharge.

Nah, i was refering to what skeepe said. 33 at the gate or 28 + 4.95 online. Its ridiculous. There should be some saving for a preorder at least.

Eels Dude

Coach
2 hours at the conema $14 two hours at the footy $37. Know wonder the cinemas are packed with Families and the footy isn't.

What's a conema?

Maybe they haven't introduced 3D screens or 'VMax' or whatever to Perth yet because it's hell a lot more expsnsive to go to the movies in Sydney than 14 bucks.

Eels Dude

Coach
Nah, i was refering to what skeepe said. 33 at the gate or 28 + 4.95 online. Its ridiculous. There should be some saving for a preorder at least.

Fair enough. I agree it's outrageuous.

I was just pointing out the way our club works. You pay the same for the tickets no matter what ( that is the price of tha actual tickets) but if you pre-purchase them via ticketek like encouraged you pay an extra $4.95 transaction fee. An absolute joke if you ask me. So in essence i'm really just agreeing with you.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

At the cinema all you need is a couple of punks to rip your ticket a young lass to sell you a chocktop and a bloke to start the film. At the football you need security, people to assist you to park, ticket booth operators, light tower operators, big screen operators, ground announcers, etc etc etc. And that doesn't even cover the staff required to maintain a stadium. I could go on......

Latest posts