What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket Sales?

carlnz

Bench
Anyword on the ticket sales for the Test Match in Auckland?/ I have heard no word at all.

Which could be a good sign because last year it was all over the radio about how few tickets they have sold bluh bluh and a big crowd turned out...

yakstorm

First Grade
The NZRL has said Ticket sales for the Auckland test are close to the level they had last year, which is positive, cause Selwyn also said in the same article, due to the rain they had zero walk up crowd.

Hopefully with the weather to be fine on Saturday, a 20K+ crowd will be there.

carlnz

Bench
yakstorm said:
The NZRL has said Ticket sales for the Auckland test are close to the level they had last year, which is positive, cause Selwyn also said in the same article, due to the rain they had zero walk up crowd.

Hopefully with the weather to be fine on Saturday, a 20K+ crowd will be there.

I honestly though the crowd was over 20,000 last year but the offical count was 16,000 or something.

On a good note it is meant to be a fine day on saturday with a low of 14.

Arucard

Juniors
Picked up another few tickets for it today......

PAX 11,738

What is wrong with the New Zealand public ffs?

nadera78

Juniors
Auckland crowds always seems to be disappointingly low. Probably get higher attendances in both Wellington and Christchurch, two towns starved of top-flight Rugby League.

at least the auckland vs wellington semi in the union is not on saturday night, only the netball which is sold out to challenge for and the other union semi in waikato.

carlnz

Bench
If auckland cant get over 20,000 then they should lose the match next year against Australia.

The last two test in Wellington has got 25,000 yet Auckland have got 16,000 x2 and 19,000

JJ

Immortal
guess that means Aucklander's couldn't give a stuff... Hamilton Stadium is another good option

Mt Smart is a dive, the Cake Tin is much easier to get to. But we Aucklanders have been a bit apathetic about all top level sport for a while now - not unique to league at all...

gunnamatta bay

Referee
ozbash said:
on MTV last night they said sales were 'slow' .

Don't they usally wait for a 'walk up crowd' ? Afterall who wants to take the risk of buying a ticket only to find the field buried in a metres of hail and slush with gale force winds forcing you stand at 45degrees?

Wiki Worriers

Juniors
the pricing is a bit steep for alot of people $60-90 for covered seating $50 for the uncovered.I think the nzrl have priced themselves out of a what would have been a great crowd

ozbash

Referee
the excuses are coming, some clown from the nzrl just blamed the auckland-wellington union semi and the netball test v aussie.

carl is right, if they dont get a decent crowd tomorrow, the game should be held elsewhere.

we paid $120 for a family pass which i thought was pretty good. i dont know what you,d pay for tix to eden park tonight.

carlnz

Bench
I have been to all the kiwis matches since 1997 and i have always paid $25 to sit on the grass or behind the posts.

Im not sure if the prices have gone up since last year? They will get at least 16,000. But like i said before if they cant get 20,000 then they shouldnt get another Kiwis test for a few years.

I forgot that Wellington will be getting the Kiwis vs Aus test next year.

Arucard

Juniors
So going off the PAX numbers we need a walk up of atleast 9,000
somehow dont think so.........

Pricing is no excuse either

ali

Bench
Wiki Worriers said:
the pricing is a bit steep for alot of people $60-90 for covered seating $50 for the uncovered.I think the nzrl have priced themselves out of a what would have been a great crowd

I'm not usually one to whinge about ticket pricing, but that is definately too expensive IMO. Taking the exchange rate into account, that is still far more than what we are paying in Aus.

I reckon they should be $10-15 cheaper. We needed a full stadium for the first game, that is not a good start. Hopefully Melbournians will show up.

JoeD

First Grade
Definitely ticket prices are too high. $50 anywhere in the east stand is too much. Their priority should be to price it so that it sells out.

JoeD

First Grade
Afterall who wants to take the risk of buying a ticket only to find the field buried in a metres of hail and slush with gale force winds forcing you stand at 45degrees?
Australians don't seem to understand that the rest of the world has these things called seasons. In the winter season it rains. Rain is usfefull for lots of things like providing water for you lawn and saving you from forest fires. Its good for drinking too . . .