What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tidbits from Lastnight.

Stagger eel

Staff member
* As Newmanj mentioned earlier it's highly unlikey that T will be back this year.

* Virtually the whole of the Flegg squad with the exception of Ben Farrer and Kurt Sorenson has signed for next year...most will stay in Flegg as the bulk of them are from the SG Ball squad of this year.

* Jeremy Latimore [Cronulla] and James Grehan [Saints] is signed for next year. Grehan is a backrower/centre from Flegg and is likely to play pl for us.

* Our fulltime squad is not finalised as yet as players will move up or down depending on who they pick up along the way.

* we're talking to a couple fringe firstgraders for next year one of which is a good young winger from another club.

* no talk of Jamie Feeney.

Stagger eel

Staff member
* Also, Matty Peterson seemed to have picked up a serious injury last night in pl..

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
* Also, Matty Peterson seemed to have picked up a serious injury last night in pl..

Seemed to be clutching at a shoulder,

but thanks for the info!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
eelavation said:
we're talking to a couple fringe firstgraders for next year one of which is a good young winger from another club.

i guess Hagan doesn't rate John Williams then. could we be doing a direct swap for Vince Mellars?

strider

Post Whore
Maybe Hages would have kept Johnny, but Johnny has beeter opportunities elsewhere??? (both money and playing spot)

Stagger eel

Staff member
eloquentEEL said:
i guess Hagan doesn't rate John Williams then. could we be doing a direct swap for Vince Mellars?

no, John Williams was offered a contract...I think John just wanted a change.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I was actually told it was a broken hand for Muzza, but not sure.

shame about Tahu but with Chalky killing them it might not be that bad

pazzaeel

Juniors
matty johns interviewed tim smith at half time - timmy said he would be back in 4 weeks.

im guessing for the cowboys game or first round of finals (if we make it).

Hurriflatch

Referee
but would you bring Timmy straight back in

Dusty has done nothing wrong and Parra is undeafted since Timmy got injured.

Utey

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
but would you bring Timmy straight back in

Dusty has done nothing wrong and Parra is undeafted since Timmy got injured.

Ill be the first to defend Jez, but he had a shocker last night.

pazzaeel

Juniors
we looked no worse in the 2nd half with jeremy on the sideline which leads me to beleive he does nothing. hes not a bad player but he doesnt provide much spark.

im hoping that tim is ready for the cowboys game and we already have a finals spot sewn up. that way we can chance timmy and see how he goes.maybe from the bench?? if it doesnt work out then we know what to do in the finals.

pazzaeel

Juniors
true. but the team is playing alot better now. i think tim will thrive with a confident team around him and a bit of go forward.

Hurriflatch

Referee
When Tim was out there the players seemed to be waiting for him to do something rather then doing it themselves I'm just still a little worried that the team will fall back into that.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I've got no doubt Tim will come straight back in

If he deserves to.......or more importantly if Dusty deserves to get dropped is another matter.