What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Quicksilver

Bench
What's the actual benefit of the jets partnership then? A question that's been asked for a long time not just this week.

Saving us about $50 a week wages?
Nostalgia for blokes aged 65 and above?

Yeah I'd say skipping out on the overheads of a second tier comp is a pretty good win.

We don't need a full team of reserve graders. In reality most players won't amount to anything.

Also, Sharks reserve grade isn't marketable. Theyll get 7 girlfriends show up, 4 parents and 2 die hards. At least events like Beer Food and Footy give some exposure to actual crowds and a bit of energy. Personally, I'd rather watch the jets.

Yeah I'd say skipping out on the overheads of a second tier comp is a pretty good win.

We don't need a full team of reserve graders. In reality most players won't amount to anything.

Also, Sharks reserve grade isn't marketable. Theyll get 7 girlfriends show up, 4 parents and 2 die hards. At least events like Beer Food and Footy give some exposure to actual crowds and a bit of energy. Personally, I'd rather watch the jets.
Ok mert

shaggs

Coach
Has anyone seen this fellow in Flegg Riley Pollard play? We got him from Panthers I believe and from all reports he is a gun. But are we looking at another two years before he is even ready?
He is 18. Has only just started to get through an entire flegg game after missing a stack of ball because of concussion. Heavily targeted since he is so small

shaggs

Coach
I can understand where you are coming from I seen highlights of the game for jets and Rodwell didn't look the best if anyone it should have been Siteni Taukomo
He has been in system long enough has some speed as well
Taukomo is mud. Won’t be offered another contract

ragzouken

Juniors
The jets thing is good as a supporter, it’s great being able to go to Henson, they do events and shit and can watch some of our guys go around. I’d never go out of my way to watch a reserve game at shark park

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah I've seen him play.
I said somewhere earlier in the thread that, from what I've seen of him, I don't think he's a viable long-term solution.
But I have no issue with giving him a run for a week, in a position he's played his entire life, instead of trying to make a winger out of Atkinson.
Jacob Gagai gets a run ffs, so why not Rodwell?
I'd swap young Gagai for Rodwell every day of the week. Way ahead of him.

shadowboxer

First Grade
The jets thing is good as a supporter, it’s great being able to go to Henson, they do events and shit and can watch some of our guys go around. I’d never go out of my way to watch a reserve game at shark park
I get the angst for our own reserve team and it should be a priority. But for me, the older I get, the more enjoyment I get from the Jets. In comparison, the NRL is a dead set lucky dip.
We cut ties with Jets, I’d still be supporting them whole heartedly.
Their GF win a few years back has to be up there with a life time highlight for me - below the sharks but still awesome

ragzouken

Juniors
I get the angst for our own reserve team and it should be a priority. But for me, the older I get, the more enjoyment I get from the Jets. In comparison, the NRL is a dead set lucky dip.
We cut ties with Jets, I’d still be supporting them whole heartedly.
Their GF win a few years back has to be up there with a life time highlight for me - below the sharks but still awesome
Nothing better then rolling into the pub across the road after a home game either

ragzouken

Juniors
We’ve used a predominately power game all throughout the season I’m not sure if the two previous year we were so hard headed in a game plan, it looks like we lack a plan b, games we have won from behind and even dating back to a trial at belmore we have tried to use this tactic for better or worse.

Are we doing this because it might suit us better in the finals? Do we have it in us to change it up when it isn’t working

the last month says we do don’t

Tiger Shark

Bench
It's because the Jets agenda would be different to ours.
They have there own players remember
Yeah but they need first grade quality players to have any chance of winning so unless they want to not be affiliated with a NRL team they get on board.

I don’t buy any of this stuff that the Jets are not good for our players development. Love to hear some evidence suggesting this because I see our players play in positions we instruct and come in when we need to give them minutes ie Uele and Rudolf.

I don’t believe if we have our own team we’d be just loading it with Flegg players