What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigerdome

angeman

Juniors
Does anyone know if the Tigerdome is ever going to happen at Homebush???

Is Harry going to be our saviour like Delmege or Politis???

tigerdan

Juniors
its a massive leagues club planned to be built in hombush, kinda like the oasis project for the dogs only it will be for us. i dont know much about it though

tigerdan

Juniors
westie i thight you'd be happy if balmain built a leagues club, that way wests tigers will become stronger??? i havnt seen simon in ages were is he??

westie

Bench
tigerdan said:
westie i thight you'd be happy if balmain built a leagues club, that way wests tigers will become stronger??? i havnt seen simon in ages were is he??

I didn't say I wasn't happy, I'm just re-igniting an old stir of Simon.

angeman

Juniors
the tigerdome was going to be based in homebush. huge Wests Tigers Leagues Club plus using the Superdome/Showground as our home ground instead of Leichhardt I imagine. Not sure about the home ground idea but wish we did build the Leagues Club as we need more money.

As for Harry there were a few rumours saying he was going to build the thing and either take a share of it or build apartments (as always) on top. Ther rumour was that he would rebuild Balmain leagues club and put units on top. The third that he would step in and give us some financial backing like Politis and Delmege do.

I hear both rumours from time to time but nothing eventuates.
Has anyone heard an update?

innsaneink

Referee
I only heard about Harry T when we won three on the trot, thats when he decided to come back on board....havent heard a peep since.
maybe we need to win a few on the trot.

Sincas

Juniors
Don't get your hopes up about TigerDome. Plenty of other issues to sort out concerning the pokie tax before anything like that can be considered. Its on hold I believe and may never happen.

Anonymous

Juniors
We're in a bit of trouble (the balmain side of the merger) in terms of finances aren't we? I hope we can sort something out. Seems like the board aren't even doing anything...

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
We're in a bit of trouble (the balmain side of the merger) in terms of finances aren't we? I hope we can sort something out. Seems like the board aren't even doing anything...

Thats probably because the only thing they could do would be to sell their assests off which is something they don't think should be an option at the moment and I agree with them on this one! Once they sell them the won't get them back thats for sure!!!!

The main reason why the TD won't get off the ground is because of the PT and the fact that the PT wouldn't make something like the TD profitable as quickly as they would of liked it too.

On top of this it really wasn't a case of having the money into place firstly because they had the loan already approved it was more of a case of if they PT delaying what profits they thought they could of made which is being the biggest problem.

I would love the TD to get off the ground but I have this funny feeling that unless it does before the middle of next year it never will!!!!

angeman

Juniors
I read in today's Sun Herald that the Tigers have signed a deal to play half their home games at Telstra Stadium at homebush next year.
I guess that is because of the costs of having games at our current grounds. Could it be another hint of the Tigerdome though???

Mighty Tiger

Bench
angeman said:
I read in today's Sun Herald that the Tigers have signed a deal to play half their home games at Telstra Stadium at homebush next year.
I guess that is because of the costs of having games at our current grounds. Could it be another hint of the Tigerdome though???

Nothing to do with it what so ever the Tiger dome is backed by Balmain only not Wests - this decision has been made because at the moment we loose money when ever we play a home game at our current home grounds and TS would actualy mean we would for once make money!

tracietiga

Juniors
Play every game at Telstra .
Friday night proved Campbelltown is not a Wests Tigers area .
Bulldog supporters clearly out numbered the Wests supporters.

Gobbso

Juniors
tracietiga said:
Play every game at Telstra .
Friday night proved Campbelltown is not a Wests Tigers area .
Bulldog supporters clearly out numbered the Wests supporters.

You are dead set kidding. Yes there were alot of Dogs fans out there, but dead set, Wests Tigers were there in numbers too. The Tigers chant on more than one occassion rose up above the 'Bull-Dogggz' chant throughout the game. Wests fans were their in numbers too, don't kid yourself. Go watch the replay again and you'll see what i'm talking about. The Home Ground advantage and support was in Wests Tigers favour. The amount of Boo's and noise generated for Referee Archer was predominately from Wests tigers fans.

Eddie.

Bench
Fruday night at Ctown is awesome

Sunday arvos at leichardt are awesome

If the Stadium Aus thing is true its very dissapointing, playing in front of 3/4 empty soul-less stadiums is bad

spose thats means 3 at Ctown, which should be

Bulldogs
Roosters
Raiders

3 at leichhardt

Manly
Parra
Souths

Lynchie

Juniors
I will be dissapointed for the Wests Tigers if your games get moved to Homebush. Leichardt especially and Campbelltown are the real home grounds for the club and I just hope you guys can somehow get the cash to save Leichardt oval simply because of the tradition and as an opposition supporter I can truly say its got an enjoyable unique feeling that nowhere else has. Was the media day a success?

Sincas

Juniors
yes Lynchie, media day was a success but this Telstra Stadium thing is yet another kick in the guts for us fans.

The club is aware of the need to find other revenue streams because of the pokie tax but what they are I don't know and they will need to get moving on them soon. I'm sure Munk and Co would welcome any ideas.

I agree we can't just sell off assets.