What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigerdome

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
Sell the assets to help fund a project LIKE the Tigerdome? We need SOMETHING.

See the problem isn't in the funding it is more in how much profit they would make - The forecast is with the PT it wouldn't be much and to build it would be too much to risk!

They have already recieved confirmation of the loan to go ahead with the project however unless they find a way to recieve a huge boost in profits with that venture it won't happen!!!!

magpiemax

Juniors
When games are played at Telstra they are guaranteed to make a profit as Telstra Stadium cover any loss through gate taking's and compensate's the club. :|

Mighty Tiger

Bench
magpiemax said:
When games are played at Telstra they are guaranteed to make a profit as Telstra Stadium cover any loss through gate taking's and compensate's the club. :|

See the thing is that really dosn't have a big effect onto Balmain how much the Wests Tigers make on game day let alone the effect it has on the Tiger Dome which has nothing to do with Wests or the Wests Tigers.

The whole issue once again is all about not being able to make enough profit to see the TD to be worth investing in due to the PT !!!!

magpiemax

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
magpiemax said:

See the thing is that really dosn't have a big effect onto Balmain how much the Wests Tigers make on game day let alone the effect it has on the Tiger Dome which has nothing to do with Wests or the Wests Tigers.

The whole issue once again is all about not being able to make enough profit to see the TD to be worth investing in due to the PT !!!!
Maybe they should open up the TD at Liverpool.And call it the 'Tiger Oasis' ;-)

Wrighty79

Juniors
I think Harry has more to worry about than sponsoring a footy club. He took out a loan for about $500 million not long ago to finance his units in the city. And, currently living in a Meriton, you'd never want to buy one. He could be in trouble "our Harry".

mikey

Juniors
I don't like the idea of having to play half our games at a stadium which has no emotional tie from either a fan nor players point of view if it's just to make money, especially better salaries for management.

However, if was because we could use the money to finance an upgrade for one or both of our existing grounds and was temporary it might be a different story.

The movement of clubs to 'better' facilites is one of the death knells of rugby league for me. Living in Brisbane and having to go to sandcorp if I want to see a game, means $80 for a family ticket plus extras for food drinks etc.

If sandcorp was the Tigers homeground, there is no way I could afford to go to even half the season's games. What management needs to keep in mind is the fact that not all of their fan's earn $100,00 plus a year.

Suzie

Juniors
Exactly, Mikey! Good call. Not everyone can afford the exhorbitant costs of Telstra, the food is expensive, parking is expensive, etc.