What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers announce two new signings for 2009

philgood

Juniors
I may be wrong but Moors has never played in the front row at 1st grade level. Why does Sheens have to continually play players out of position? How hard is it to buy a prop to play prop. Apparently we are in talks with Jeff Lima...anyone know the chances of him coming back home?

Also, I think letting Galea go is a huge mistake. We won nearly every game in which he started and had alot of game time.

N.C.

Juniors
Have we confirmed we're letting him go? It might be that we're holding out to see what big names we miss out on first... Maybe? Maybe?

b.bear

Juniors
moors just another clone of what we see every week in the nrl fringe player plenty of mistakes , low workrate ( gone after 15 mins if we are lucky ) minimal ball skills and we probably did pay overs ...more optomistic about flanagan at least he has some skillls

Big Mick

Referee
moors just another clone of what we see every week in the nrl fringe player plenty of mistakes , low workrate ( gone after 15 mins if we are lucky ) minimal ball skills and we probably did pay overs

Maybe he is...or then again maybe you have no freaking idea what you are talking about.

I'm betting the second option.

N.C.

Juniors
Jeez someone got their cranky bone scratched by the wrong monkey this morning didn't they?

PS Thanks for the info on Moors. Hope he can catch sitters better than Laurie can.

Big Mick

Referee
Jeez someone got their cranky bone scratched by the wrong monkey this morning didn't they?

PS Thanks for the info on Moors. Hope he can catch sitters better than Laurie can.

Just gets me mad that a player like Junior would get pigeon holed straight away as poor work ethic, bad hands, a lot of mistakes and minimal ball skills, when the genius has probably never seen him play.

I've watched Junior since he was 16 progressing through the Penrith grades and all the way through he has dominated each grade through hitting the fringes, fantastic ball skills and a high work rate.

Since Elliot has come in his progression has been stiffled as he has been asked to become a bash and barge prop and not utilise his skills. He isn't that sort of player.

Junior is someone that hasn't realised his full potential by a long way, but he is still extremely young for a forward. He has a lot of years left.

He has a good work ethic and also has a fantastic offload. He is also very quick for a big man.

He may only be used as depth, but if Sheens calls him up he'll be a player that doesn't let you down. He needed a change of scene and now he's in a position where I think he's in the best 6 forwards at the Tigers easily by round 1, 2010.

N.C.

Juniors
Mate, that's the kind of good oil we're all wanting to get our hands on... Thank you.

What you say worries me though - sounds like it might be shades of Bronson Harrison. From all accounts a good wide runner turned into an up the middle battering ram at the Tigers. We all know how that story ended.

I guess they are pretty hard to come by, but you do need a couple of them in a team... Pity we can't find another one who happens to be naturally good at it and not made to play that way at the expense of some other aspect of their game, eh?

Big Mick

Referee
Mate, that's the kind of good oil we're all wanting to get our hands on... Thank you.

What you say worries me though - sounds like it might be shades of Bronson Harrison. From all accounts a good wide runner turned into an up the middle battering ram at the Tigers. We all know how that story ended.

I guess they are pretty hard to come by, but you do need a couple of them in a team... Pity we can't find another one who happens to be naturally good at it and not made to play that way at the expense of some other aspect of their game, eh?

I would actually compare him to Harrison, but moors is bigger.

he's 115kg so he's a big lad...but he is athletic.

Bench
Just gets me mad that a player like Junior would get pigeon holed straight away as poor work ethic, bad hands, a lot of mistakes and minimal ball skills, when the genius has probably never seen him play.

I've watched Junior since he was 16 progressing through the Penrith grades and all the way through he has dominated each grade through hitting the fringes, fantastic ball skills and a high work rate.

Since Elliot has come in his progression has been stiffled as he has been asked to become a bash and barge prop and not utilise his skills. He isn't that sort of player.

Junior is someone that hasn't realised his full potential by a long way, but he is still extremely young for a forward. He has a lot of years left.

He has a good work ethic and also has a fantastic offload. He is also very quick for a big man.

He may only be used as depth, but if Sheens calls him up he'll be a player that doesn't let you down. He needed a change of scene and now he's in a position where I think he's in the best 6 forwards at the Tigers easily by round 1, 2010.
Thanks Big Mick,I for one have not seen him play for quite a while,that is refreshing to hear,as a Penrith supporter you must have a soft spot for us,when you consider how many Panthers become WestsTigers,at least now Elford and Laurie have gone the other way.

Big Mick

Referee
Thanks Big Mick,I for one have not seen him play for quite a while,that is refreshing to hear,as a Penrith supporter you must have a soft spot for us,when you consider how many Panthers become WestsTigers,at least now Elford and Laurie have gone the other way.

True that. I do have a soft spot for the Tigers.

I like the way the Tiger's play open football when they are all on the same page mentally.

That Parra vs Tigers game would be the most exciting regular season game i've seen for a very long time.

But I have a lot of Tigers supporter mates and they treated me very well when i came out to Campbelltown earlier in the year for the Sonny Fai stuff.

TimmyB

Juniors
Daniella & Moors are our first signings from Penrith since 2006, but don't let that get in t he way of having a cry.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Both Moors & Daniella both have plenty of natural talent for sure.
Regardless of their position on the ladder Panthers they are one of the worst performing clubs for years.

Lima has always wanted to back to the tigers - I would offer him decent coin. Bar KG tigers havent had a decent prop for a while. And thats all they really need.

Regan

Juniors
Some one asked if we have a back up for Robbie now that we lost Dene to the dogs and Johon to cronulla there was a kid last name Carr that is very very good at hooker alot of wraps on him but i have only seen play once and went good very good