What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers bigger than raiders

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Yes, thats right ladies and gents!
For the first time this year (in no way can i back that up) our starting pack will be BIGGER than the oppositions pack!

Raiders:
Miller = 95kgs
Withers = 81kgs
Thompson = 106kgs
Adamson = 107kgs
Hindmarsh = 98kgs
Crocker = 100kgs
TOTAL = 587kgs

Tigers:
Payten = 112kgs
Farah = 87kgs
Skandalis = 107kgs
Laffranchi = 102kgs
O'Neill = 101kgs
Galea = 95kgs
TOTAL = 604kgs

Raiders (587kgs) vs Tigers (604kgs) is a 17kgs difference to the Wests Tigers

It bench is harder to do as some of the players stats are not there and the Raiders have an extra man. But the average of the player's weights are:

Raiders (90+100+98+115+Marhall Chalk???)
Now assuming that Chalk is dropped off, then the Raiders bench weighs 403kgs with an average of 100.75kgs.

Tigers (Collis? a centre and is medium build + 90 + 101 + 103)
The total weight to the tigers bench is 294kgs without collis and an average of 98kgs. Collis will drop that down a bit, but by not much.

So it seems that for the first time this year the Wests Tigers forwards are bigger than their opposition.

On a side note, this is the weight comparison of the backs:
Raiders 649kgs
Tigers 611kgs
So the raiders have a size advantage there, but if you compare the average age of the players:
Raiders 26yrs average
Tigers 23yrs

Rohan

Juniors
Todd Payten's weight will skew any of your figures.

Good to see he's still sucking down the hamburgers

Stuart

Juniors
If we wanted in 2006 we could have

8-Williams (115kg)
9-Weyman (108kg), i can just see it now, Weyman at hooker.
10-Tilse (110kg)
11-Tom LL (114kg)
12-Lomu (106 kg)
13- Thompson (106 kg)

Grand total of 659 kg, sadly small guys may push their way into the side on form, Miller (95kg) or the position they play Withers (81kg), Croker (100kg), weakening our weight advantage over other sides.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Croker may only be 100kg but the bloke is one of the strongest in the comp
so theres an indicator how much weight means ;-)

Stuart

Juniors
Exactly 69, two of our best forwards this season have been tongue, only 90 kg and Miller playing prop at only 95 kgs, he must be the smallest prop in the nrl (no facts to back that up).

I think at times too much is made of weight, it helps but players can make up for a lack of it , for want of a better word, with heart, grit and determination. The perfect example of weight being beaten up as a factor is during this years origin series, all that BS about NSW being so much smaller than queensland, but when you sat down and did the maths the weight differnence was minimal.

woodgers

Bench
I'm disappointed that Payten wasn't allocated his own catergory.

He'll get there, just needs a few extra sessions with Personal Trainer Owen Craigie.

Chachi

Bench
The tigers "small" pack is just a BS media furphy used by Sheens to try and get everyone else to believe his teams are soft. He also said that just about every year he was coaching the Raiders even though we had guys like Lazo, Walters, Todd, Clyde etc etc.

jed

First Grade
I'm amazed that cullus has actually paid attention to the relative pack weights all year, and is finally able to boast that the tigpies are heavier than the opposition.

If my life was that tragic, I'd count the number of red cars I saw each day relative to the number of blue cars.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
jed said:
If my life was that tragic, I'd count the number of red cars I saw each day relative to the number of blue cars.
Ive been doing that for some time now, and ive seen 4016 red cars, and 4058 blue cars...dunno what that means, but blue cars win i guess...marginally.

jed

First Grade
And that only confirms what most of us already suspected.

:lol:

simon says

First Grade
jed said:
I'm amazed that cullus has actually paid attention to the relative pack weights all year, and is finally able to boast that the tigpies are heavier than the opposition.

Mate....you go for the Raiders,yer life is tragic.

:lol: :lol: