What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Halves

simmo05

Bench
Nofo has been good. Brooks is Brooks. He comes up with poor options at critical times.

The thing with Brooks is that I saw Nathan Cleary show absolutely no creativity and take poor option after poor option in SOO. Not really excusing Brooks poor plays because you can't but the quality of halves in the comp is really poor.
I was picturing brooks, watching chin just putting up continuous mid field bombs straight to the maroons fb, totally devoid of ideas

Tiger05

First Grade
I was picturing brooks, watching chin just putting up continuous mid field bombs straight to the maroons fb, totally devoid of ideas

This is what gets me. Did you see Clearly's run at some point when he needed to create something. He belted it up like a small forward. If Brooks did that he'd get crucified.

Cleary does have a great all round kicking game and he is really good defensively but he is only any good if his team is completely dominant. That to me is not a great player or anywhere close to it.

I wouldn't pick him in origion. Adam Reynolds and even bitch Moses are better players.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Nofo has been good….Not really excusing Brooks poor plays because you can't but the quality of halves in the comp is really poor.
Nofo scoring so many tries while at the same time playing for the tigers is a good indicator of how good he is, tiger’s blood!
There’s been a halves drought for a while now, the Tigers have three but won’t see who’ll float to the top. I wish that was the only mind boggling decision they made!

Tiger05

First Grade
There’s been a halves drought for a while now, the Tigers have three but won’t see who’ll float to the top. I wish that was the only mind boggling decision they made!

Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow. I reckon this season they have to work out their long term halves. If that means Brooks plays reserve grade so be it.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow. I reckon this season they have to work out their long term halves. If that means Brooks plays reserve grade so be it.
Do you think Brooks has to actually play a lot worse than he has lately to be dropped or is it only a matter of time? Seems like the club has trouble letting go of some marquee players in any capacity.

Tigerm

First Grade
Do you think Brooks has to actually play a lot worse than he has lately to be dropped or is it only a matter of time? Seems like the club has trouble letting go of some marquee players in any capacity.
And it's got to be effecting some players?

Tiger05

First Grade

At the start of the season I thought it was just a matter of time especially after Hastings started performing. Doueihi comes back and he has been pretty ordinary and Hastings form has gone backwards. Brooks recently has seemed to be the focus of our attack. Our forwards have also been rolled apart from last week.

Today is interesting. They all need big games. I cannot see Hastings playing at 13 going forward. His defense isn't very good and he isn't going to belt it up. I also think Matamua looks like being a ball playing lock forward and he can defend and belt it up.

I think the club has been looking to let go of Brooks if they can get better and that is why they purchased Hastings.

Put it this way I hope it's clear really soon who we are going to run with. I don't view Brooks as your halfback. He is better as a 6. I don't think he should be the focus of your attack either.

Hastings kicking game is pretty poor as well.

I wish we had some gun juniors coming through in the halves and at fullback.