What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers linked to Souths Shane Walker

Famous1

Juniors
WESTS TIGERS

Souths' Shane Walker has been linked to the Tigers for next season.

According to SMH.....

perhaps sheens doesnt have the plans of galea to hooker

Famous1

Juniors
Thats what i was thinking, perhaps he'd like shane walker, cause he is a non injury prone hooker who suffers from amnesia :D

us being linked to a hooker, leads me the beleive robbie mears and darren senter will not be around next year.

Famous1

Juniors
851 said:
He can come as a 2 for the price of 1 deal with his brother Ben.
id accept the pair....... both can suffer from fake amnesia, meanwhile the other one, will get hit high and knocked out to the surrounds to real amnesia 8)

sounds like a plan.......

ben walker would be some good depth at 5/8 and some experience, should micheal buettner retire

mikey

Juniors
Perhaps Farah is out of favour because he has already indicated he's leaving when his contract is up. I only base this on other threads I have read.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
mikey said:
Perhaps Farah is out of favour because he has already indicated he's leaving when his contract is up. I only base this on other threads I have read.

To clarify this he told Sheens this year that if he isn't used he will end his contract this year - apperantly it was a heated argument and well of course you don't order your coach - especially after your not playing well :roll:

Anyway he got injured and apperantly he has been advised he will be playing for sure next year depending of course how he comes back from injury but he will play.

I guess the logic behind signing Walker is just in case and the fact that Robbies injury and Ego are a big concern - sure Robbie can play the game but his major problem is his ego something very simular in size to Ben Black ;-)

TIGERPies

Juniors
i think shane is a good hooker and would go okay :clap:

well be loosing mears and senter so he would be a good acquistion

Farah may well be a good hooker, but in my opinion is still not ready for first grade hooker starting, maybe on the bench

tiger8989

Juniors
IF THIS IS TRUE THEN I HAVE LOST TOTAL FAITH AND SHEENS AND HIS RECRUITMENT POLICY.

WE HAVE TWO GREAT HOOKERS AT THE CLUB IN ROBERT MEARS AND ROBBIE FARAH AND ALSO GALEA AND FITZHENRY AS BACKUP.

SHANE WALKER HAS SHOWN NOTHING AT EITHER SOUTHS OR BRISBANE THAT WOULD SUGGEST HE IS A BETTER PROSPECT THAN MEARS OR FARAH NEXT YEAR.....I HOPE THIS IS A GEE UP!

If we do get a Walker, i hope it comes with another one too, because we're short on everything those Walkers play - Hooker, Halves and even Wing :?

HappyTiger

Juniors
personally id rather see them take the chance on Farah with Mears or Senter being resigned as the back up.But if Mears and Senter are not here Walker wouldnt be the worst hooker going around in the comp.

super_coach

First Grade
another eh holden--solid-going down and not up in the potential stakes--a ute when we need either a mac truck or a sports car---probably just another player after a free meal out--if we struggle to sign the feeneys etc what chance a marshall--change the front office

NZtiger

Juniors
I'm a BIG fan of Robbie Mears...he's the perfect sub! Always the spark the Tigers need, when looking for that 'burst up the middle' and creating line breaks...if he goes, we'll miss him as an impact!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
super_coach said:
we struggle to sign the feeneys

We withdrew our offer for Feeney over a week before he signed with Melbourne - that had more to do with the deal we could arrange with the Dogs more than anything else either way

magpiemax

Juniors
Famous1 said:
Thats what i was thinking, perhaps he'd like shane walker, cause he is a non injury prone hooker who suffers from amnesia :D

us being linked to a hooker, leads me the beleive robbie mears and darren senter will not be around next year.
Unless Mears and Senter decide to play for nothing, I can tell you now they won't be with us next year.

Latest posts