What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers side

hybrid_tiger

Coach
For those who are interested:

1. Tim Moltzen
2. Taniela Tuiaki
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Beau Ryan
6. Benji Marshall
7. Robert Lui
8. Bryce Gibbs
9. Robbie Farah (c)
10. Todd Payten
11. Gareth Ellis
12. Danny Galea
13. Chris Heighington

14. John Morris
15. Corey Payne
16. Alan Schirnack
17. Keith Galloway

Eels Dude

Coach
Shame no Daine Laurie. I know it was wishful thinking, but I was hoping Sheens would recall him just to see him face off against Fui again.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Never ever confident against Parra mate, even if we did win this year. You guys have belted us for almost five years now and its always the same game plan.

I think its pretty finely balanced this time around though and I doubt there will be much in it. With Ellis in the pack and Galloway on the bench we've got plenty of aggression and go forward. Even pillow Gibbs has been playing well of late, though still giving away a dumb penalty every match. Skandalis is a bit of a loss though.

I think we've got the edge in the halves and hooker. That being because Moltzen will play fullback but in attack he'll be up at the line at second receiver alot of the time. Lui won't do much, just chime in when he needs to and that's fine as Farah and Marshall will run the show.

Should be a great game anyway.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Shame no Daine Laurie. I know it was wishful thinking, but I was hoping Sheens would recall him just to see him face off against Fui again.

From all reports he has been mediocre in the State Cup, so I doubt he'll play FG again this season. Lazy and a bad attitude, shame as he has some potential and I would have loved seeing him play Moi Moi again.

He may well be a late call-up as Corey Payne is in doubt, but Sheens will probably go with a safer option if that is the case.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dare say Shirnack will be called up, although he's probably named Collis as #18.

We've finally got a team selected to play defensive in the forwards, a bench capable of making plenty of metres and a very confident backline that will be looking for points every time they touch the ball, which is great for us.

The Tigers have 2 big issues in this game, inability to kick away from players. They'll need to be kicking to the corners all day long to minimise the impact Hayne will have.

They'll also need to keep Moi Moi quiet. With the exception of Payten, we've got a pretty capable defensive forward pack and bench, so it should be close.

Eels Dude

Coach
From all reports he has been mediocre in the State Cup, so I doubt he'll play FG again this season. Lazy and a bad attitude, shame as he has some potential and I would have loved seeing him play Moi Moi again.

He may well be a late call-up as Corey Payne is in doubt, but Sheens will probably go with a safer option if that is the case.

Yeah so I've heard. Yet his manager is still shopping him around to other clubs hoping to get an early release. It would have to take a pretty desperate club to offer a contract to a player with an attitude as poor as he has. Hopefully he gets his mind back on track and plays well for you next year, would be a shame to see him lost to the NRL.

Was just hoping there'd be an off chance he'd be called up after Skando's injury but not to be.

Eels Dude

Coach
should be the game of the round, looking forward to it

Game of the round? I think with all factors considered it will be close to the biggest game of the season.

Local derby... the 2 form sides in the comp... a finals position pending on the result... Played at the best rugby league ground in Sydney. It cannot get bigger.

bartman

Immortal
Not a bad tigers pack there... should shape as a tough battle, not so much razzle dazzle as we've had the past month perhaps?

lingard

Coach
Never ever confident against Parra mate, even if we did win this year. You guys have belted us for almost five years now and its always the same game plan.

I think its pretty finely balanced this time around though and I doubt there will be much in it. With Ellis in the pack and Galloway on the bench we've got plenty of aggression and go forward. Even pillow Gibbs has been playing well of late, though still giving away a dumb penalty every match. Skandalis is a bit of a loss though.

I think we've got the edge in the halves and hooker. That being because Moltzen will play fullback but in attack he'll be up at the line at second receiver alot of the time. Lui won't do much, just chime in when he needs to and that's fine as Farah and Marshall will run the show.

Should be a great game anyway.

Sorry, Hybrid, but I dont think Moltzen, Marshall and Farrah will be given much latitude on Friday night. Its not a depleted Cronulla side youre facing - its a rock-solid Parramatta. Robson, Keating, Reddy and Lowrie will contain your attack. I think, ironically, the game will be won and lost in the forwards. Lafranchi out, Cayless back in. Theres the game right there. Oh......and then, of course, theres Jarryd Hayne - the Prince of Parramatta. :lol::lol::lol: