What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers to call Homebush Bay home - BULLSHIT

HOT028

Juniors
if we go back to parra stadium our team might forget who they are playing for since half of them are ex parra boys.

yappy

Bench
Rif, Campbo Leagues go alright at the moment for the JV and the juniors, they don't give much of a stuff about the Magpies though. I'm sure the pressure they faced from (mainly) Magpie fans over the past couple of years has actually straightened them up. The irony being that the support is more for the JV :roll: . Oh well, at least they are putting their dough into footy and the Campbelltown Sports Club idea seems to have been put to bed (at least for the time being). 1 thing I don' believe they are very strong on though is fighting to keep the right amount of games (half) at Campbelltown.

RifRaf

Juniors
BuffaloRules said:
Swampdonkey said:
Assuming for whatever reason that we have to make a temporary move to another ground, and all things being equal financially, then surely the Sydney Showground, Aussie Stadium or Parramatta Stadium are more attractive, fan friendly alternatives?

Just an opinion, but I have always prefered watching a game at the other grounds, food and drinks are not as expensive as Telstra Stadium and there is a hell of a lot more atmosphere which are the kinds of things fans look for when going to a game.

Mate, I was just coming to this thread to bring up the Parramatta stadium suggestion ( not overally keen on Aussie Stadium - too far for Wests fans to come or even worse the showground...)

A crowd of 15,000 here creates some sort of atmosphere ( in comparasin to Telstra anyway...)

Much more acceptable decision in my opinion.... I know that Balmain played a few games at Parra several years ago, and whilst it wasn't a success it is much better than the alternative...
Difference Parra stadium would guarantee $0 Telstra over $100,000 it would not even be considered.. Besides you don't want to bring back those memories for us old Tigers fans.... Sydney Tigers...............

RifRaf

Juniors
yappy said:
Rif, Campbo Leagues go alright at the moment for the JV and the juniors, they don't give much of a stuff about the Magpies though. I'm sure the pressure they faced from (mainly) Magpie fans over the past couple of years has actually straightened them up. The irony being that the support is more for the JV :roll: . Oh well, at least they are putting their dough into footy and the Campbelltown Sports Club idea seems to have been put to bed (at least for the time being). 1 thing I don' believe they are very strong on though is fighting to keep the right amount of games (half) at Campbelltown.
Cambos commitment is a lot less than Balmain's and Ashfield's Yappy.. And of the 2 Wests Clubs you'd think they'd benefit the most with gameday punters.

yappy

Bench
Campbo now put in the same as Ashfield. The board is going to be reduced to 8. 4 Balmain, 2 Ashfield 2 Campbo.

You're right that you'd think they'd be pushing for more home games, but they seem to think the disruption to the regular punters is more trouble than it's worth.

RifRaf

Juniors
Yeah, I heard the one arm bandits go elsewhere on game days and the Club is dirty about it.... Priorities! Your a leagues club! I didn't know that they were now matching Ashfields commitment, that's good to hear.

RifRaf

Juniors
And the worst jumper as well. Neil Whittaker take a bow! The worst management the club has seen... AND HE GOT PROMOTED TO RUN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!! I am still dumbfounded to this day....

Wrighty79

Juniors
TIGERPies said:
remember that purple stripe, and the more yellowy orange

#-o

I still have that jersey. Got it signed by Timmy Brasher on Grand Final day when Manly beat St. George.

Gobbso

Juniors
RifRaf said:
And the worst jumper as well. Neil Whittaker take a bow! The worst management the club has seen... AND HE GOT PROMOTED TO RUN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!! I am still dumbfounded to this day....

Yet he's the reason we're both in the current situation we are now. He didn't have enough balls for the ARL to go it alone, and watch Super League continue to suffer. they would have came crawling back, with the ARL still running the game, and things would have been done the right way, instead of News ltd. propaganda determining our future's as a Joint-Venture entity.

Latest posts