What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Grant

GI Cordial

Juniors
Guys will be announced Monday we have signed Tim Grant from Penrith Immediate release. Do we need forwards or backs..

Cleary wouldn't give the Tim Grant issue the time of day at the Eels after game press conference. Sounds like Gould wanted him out to free up cash. Sad way to treat a player that has given good service to the Club

rabbitohs95

Bench
Guys will be announced Monday we have signed Tim Grant from Penrith Immediate release. Do we need forwards or backs..

ATM we need props rather than backs. We have some great young backs (Alex Johnston, Aaron Gray, Kirisome Auva'a and Irae Simone) all coming up the grades.

We have 4 props in the whole squad, and they are the Burgesses. Sam is leaving next year, Luke is reserve grade material, Tom is currently injured and George is doing great so he can stay.

I'm happy with this signing, especially if we get McKendry next year too.

God-King Dean

Immortal
ATM we need props rather than backs. We have some great young backs (Alex Johnston, Aaron Gray, Kirisome Auva'a and Irae Simone) all coming up the grades.

We have 4 props in the whole squad, and they are the Burgesses. Sam is leaving next year, Luke is reserve grade material, Tom is currently injured and George is doing great so he can stay.

I'm happy with this signing, especially if we get McKendry next year too.

You would have to be the only Souths fan in the universe who feels that way.

hunters

Juniors

I completely agree with him. A few of those guys he has named will make their way into the top team soon. We have absolutely no front row and it has shown the last few weeks. Sam should be playing wider but he is forced to run it up the middle.

Grant would be a welcome addition.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
If you guys get him, I wish him all the best. He's been treated pretty crappy here at the Panthers this season, and it's based on money rather than form. Hope he kills it with you blokes as part of a losing team (here's hoping!)

rabbitohs95

Bench

We've got Sam Burgess who's leaving, Luke Burgess who's in a form slump, Tom Burgess who's currently injured, Dave Tyrrell who shouldn't even be playing there, Chris Grevsmuhl and Nat Neale who have little experience in the top grade and George Burgess who's the only one killing it.

So yes i would say we do need some props.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I agree we need Grant immediately. S Burgess to Lock. Sutto to Five-Eighth. Walker back to Centre and Tuqiri dropped. Looks better already.
As noted previously we have plenty of fantastic young backs who we'll see debut very soon. Wouldn't be suprised to see Kirisome debut next week actually.

tbunny

Juniors
We need something! So what is the guts happening behind the scenes? Why are we playing like big girls?

BranVan3000

Coach

On the surface it may seem like backs are the answer, but in truth we've been winning games with a dominant forward pack for two years. This year there is something missing, Lima was a genuine meter maker and Asotasi had a cool head and leadership. This year we seem reckless and immature and our forward pack is getting beaten by lesser rated teams. Only Sam and George can be relied on for 100m per game and even then Sam's meters seem to be because he takes the ball up a lot at a jogging pace not because he is smashing it up like he used to. The likes of Tyrrell, Luke Burgess and Lowe are just mediocre.

We lack a real forward leader. Now I don't want to put that all on Grants shoulders, but if he can provide a solid 130m per game as he normally does than he will add a lot.

There is also the very real possibility that Sam Burgess is disrupting the team. This whole saga might be a big distraction. If its the case I think they should look at getting some more money out of Bath for an early release, in which case we need a solid prop replacement.

Now we do need backs too. Madge hedged his bets on our youth this year though, and we havent seen any of them yet. Madge's tactic in past years has been to use the old heads in the opening rounds and let the younger ones work their way up through NSW Cup. There are a few talents that could make a name for themselves and have looked more than comfortable handling the Bears, and moving Walker back to the outside backs will help. Not prepared to write off our backs situation before we have seen them

If we could grab Inu who is being shopped around it would be good though

Last edited:

Franko

Juniors
In response to some media reports regarding player <A class=internal-link href="http://leagueunlimited.com/people/show/tim-grant" itxtBad="1" itxtNodeId="246" checkedByCssHelper="true">Tim Grant</A itxtNodeId="244" itxtHarvested="0" checkedByCssHelper="true">, Panthers Executive General Manager Rugby League Phil Gould today confirms that Tim will not be leaving the club.
"It is my hope and I'm sure Tim's hope, that he gets to play many more years with the Panthers, and that would be the best result for all concerned".
The club and Tim will not be making any further comment

BunniesMan

Immortal
We need centres and wingers who can score a try without it coming from being put in a hole.

We don't need forwards. We don't even need to replace Sam.

Korobete from the Tigers is the sort of player who should be at the top of our list.

rabbitohs95

Bench
We need centres and wingers who can score a try without it coming from being put in a hole.

We don't need forwards. We don't even need to replace Sam.

Korobete from the Tigers is the sort of player who should be at the top of our list.

So you think we can survive with Luke Burgess, the twins, Tyrrell, Lowe, Picker, Turner, Neale, Clark, Grevsmuhl, Te'o, McQueen and Sutton?

We need some experienced hard working props, only one there with experience is Luke B and half the time he can't even making the bench. Grant and McKendry would be perfect.

You keep forgetting we have Walker, Johnston, Gray, Auva'a and to a lesser extent Irae Simone for the backs. We just need to give them time in reserves to blood them.

MrAnonymous

Bench
You merkins have no chance of getting both Mckendry and Grant.

Grant should be a Souths player soon though.

I thought the signing would be announced after we played the panthers?

On the props and backs discussion I reckon we should give the young players a go! Can't do worse than lote and reddy.

Latest posts