What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannah

Eels Dude

Coach
What do people think of him for Origin II? Outstanding last night. 22 runs for 209 metres. The bloke has been terrific this year and getting better every week. Not only can he make serious metres but he can bend the line and get a quick play the ball, unlike all of NSW's other props. If NSW are serious about picking a side for the future they need to consider guys like Mannah and Tolman instead of these over the hill nuffies like White and Perry who've had their chance at the top level but continually fail.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I was going to start this thread last night, and I'm not even a Parramatta fan.

He has been fantastic and there is no possible way he could do a worse job than Perry and White.

Guys like Mannah, Tolman, Galloway, Snowden etc. need to be given a go.

AuDragon

Juniors
I was going to start this thread last night, and I'm not even a Parramatta fan.

He has been fantastic and there is no possible way he could do a worse job than Perry and White.

Guys like Mannah, Tolman, Galloway, Snowden etc. need to be given a go.
But, but, but... Wouldn't that actually make sense?
I mean, we are talking about NSW selectors! :sarcasm:

DeeJ

Bench
Mannah is turning into a very good player, but as far as young props go I would have Snowden and Douglas ahead of him at this stage.

Finally NSW are getting some good props coming through after suffering through the last few years.

league

Juniors
Galloway is too soft for Origin. Luke Douglas?? f**ks sake.:lol: why do Cronulla continue to do sh*t all with Barrett, Gallen, Tupou, Snowden and now Douglas??:roll::roll::roll: surely you would expect them to atleast be challenging for the 8.

voltron

Juniors
i REALLY hope that mannah gets picked!
sooo awesome
did you guys see him smash ahn do?
hahaha it was awesome

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id really like to see Mannah taken into the squad to experience the build up, but not necessarily play this year. Same with the Australian squad at the end of the year, taken into the squad, train, but not play.

Same with Dugan. One more year PLEASE!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Galloway is too soft for Origin. Luke Douglas?? f**ks sake.:lol: why do Cronulla continue to do sh*t all with Barrett, Gallen, Tupou, Snowden and now Douglas??:roll::roll::roll: surely you would expect them to atleast be challenging for the 8.

Yeah, White and Perry are better, you idiot.

league

Juniors
White and Perry sure are better than Galloway and Douglas. Mannah is better than all four and has proven it this year. NSW's problem isn't in the front row, it's in the halves. They lack creativity and it also doesn't help when you have dumb f**king selectors constantly changing the combinations.

Are you seriously that geniused?

Prop is the only position where you can actually measure their standard of play through statistics since they have the most straight forward role.

Perry statisticlally through last season to now, is something like 50th out of 58 people who have played prop on multiple occasions. He made 78.6m a game last season. At least 2 props frome every other club was superior to him in that department.

As for White, he made something like 85m a game which is hardly a step up. Same problem with him.

Now, at the same time last year, you had guys like Luke Douglas and Kade Snowden making in excess off 120m a game with 30+ tackles. This season is no different, except that you guys like Tolman doing the same and Mannah with similar numbers... off the bench.

Last year, Perry should've hardly been playing first grade. White was the 4th best prop in his club team last year, yet both got picked for origin, whilst guys like Douglas and Snowden couldn't even make CvC.

That's just how ridiculous the selectors are and your thoughts are. Muppet.

Dazzat

First Grade

Explain "soft"?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
White and Perry sure are better than Galloway and Douglas. Mannah is better than all four and has proven it this year. NSW's problem isn't in the front row, it's in the halves. They lack creativity and it also doesn't help when you have dumb f**king selectors constantly changing the combinations.

Perry made 38 metres and you sit here and tell me front row isn't the problem, and that he's better than Galloway or Douglas. :lol:

When is the last time Galloway or Douglas made 38 metres as a STARTING PROP?

You're an idiot.

gronkathon

First Grade
Mannah is an interesting one. I think I would like to see him start for the Eels consistantly before playing Origin but I can certainly see the merit in his selection.

Galloway won't be selected as he has not played in a moth due to injury.

Snowden and/or Douglas are a must.

I can't believe the selectors are talking up Jason King over the Cronulla pairing. Guys who refer to Origin quality in players like Cooper, Ennis etc and put Brett White in a side because he threw a good clean right in Origin 3 2009.

Than again this is a guy like Daley who still won't admit that Creagh is a wonderful player at club level but not up to Origin intencity or that he ran away from a push and shove in last years Origin.

Spot On

Coach
There is little to compare between Mannah and Galloway other than the position they play. Mannah is quickly becoming one of the best props NSW has to offer.

gronkathon

First Grade
Comparatively Galloway had a better game statistically in City/Country and the combination of Gibbs & Galloway on the park made City leak zero points.

I rate Manah but he would maybe make my Origin bench. Not assured though