What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Paine Steps Away from All Cricket

Alex Carey or Josh Inglis. Or will Jimmy Peirson prove the dark horse or even Josh Philippe. More panels to decide Ashes personel to be formed I expect. Dead set, Australian cricket does not need this uncertainty so close to the First Test.

Valheru

Coach
I would like to see Carey get his shot

They can name whoever they want as the official captain but we all know in reality it is Smith.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think it has to be Carey for this summer. His international experience will count for a lot given the suddenness of it all.

Sure as f**k better than parachuting Inglis into the test side when he's not even playing for WA

simmo1

First Grade
Carey will take Paine's place, but may only get the Ashes to prove himself if Peirson or Inglis score well in Shield.

There is a lot of tests in Asia next year, and I think Carey is likely the best batter against spin of the three, but glovework will also be crucial. I haven't seen enough of them to know which is the best keeper.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who do you want Twizzle.

well, let's see, Paine's misses goes OK

As far as keepers go, Carey will be the heir apparent cuz white ball cricket. I really like Phillipe's form at the moment too but he'll be down the pecking order I would imagine.