What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith - Looking for a NRL club in 2010

Joker's Wild

Coach
Only if we can put up one of these in every pub, club and bottle-o in Newie

motivatorc8c6faa01f3ac0d7032b5436e83bea4de8015e18.jpg

aqua_duck

Coach
He'd form a deadly partnership with Mullo in the halves. I think it'd be a good move for him especially to escape the Sydney media

Classic Joker!

In all seriousness though, base contract heavily incentive based I'd like him there.

His well and truly a class above the pretenders we have with poor ole Mullen @ the moment!

We would be stupid not to take a punt on that kid. It isn't like soemone else won't. Especially given Dureau has been linked to a move away from the club. Naturally that could all be BS. I'd sign him simply because he is a marvellous talent.

B-dos

Referee
what are the odds that our inept recruitment team dont even consider our options or ways that signing him could be achieved?

The sad thing is B-dos with Smith going there would be zero thought for next year at the moment.

But thats the Knights we love..... "Hand to mouth" mentality and all.

Frederick

Staff member
The sad thing is B-dos with Smith going there would be zero thought for next year at the moment.
Not necessarily true...they did just extend Taias contract

I for one would love to see Smith here, as long as there's a zero tolerance policy in his contract with a view for immediate termination if he breaks it.

perverse

Referee
throw whatever money we can free up at him imo. obviously no dickhead policy in his contract etc.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Interesting forum topic - Smith or Carney?

But isn't Carney going to the Roosters or something?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
No, forum topic as in Tim Smith or Todd Carney :lol:

Not Brian, we all know he's going, unless you've been hiding under a rock ;-)

bluesbreaker

Bench
Carney is a thousand times better player than Tim Smith, but he's taken by the Rooters, so i'll take Smith anyday of the week. Him and Wicks could form a deadly partnership in the halves.

macavity

Referee
Carney and Smith?

sorry let me clarify.

I can't imagine Todd Carney and BRIAN Smith getting along too well at the Rooters.

Can you imagine BRIAN Smith, Mason and Carney all 10mins from Kings Cross....?

In other words, BRIAN Smith may not want to sign him, or Carney may not want to go there now.

I don't know there is anything official between Carney and the Chooks. I think we should pick up the phone.

macavity

Referee
Carney was in the Julian O'Neill category.

Give him a minder (Taufua springs to mind) and put him on a short leash.

The only teams I could see him at are us, Melb or NQ - and Melb/NQ have their own issues atm.

I reckon he could kill it here. Sydney is where he will go feral.

And lets face it, who WOULDN'T go feral in Canberra/Goulburn....