What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for a new commentary team....

Moffo

Referee
Time to get some of the twats out of the commentary box and into the nursing home

Chappell and Greig for starters....these guys are boofheads. Can't stand Taylor and Healy either. And thank f**k that Shane Warne is going to resume playing soon

Bill Lawry is funny but is a bit of a tool as well

Long live Richie

How about Kerry O'Keffe getting a run on channel 9? Now that would be good!

Cheers,
Moffo

Rustay

Juniors
I dont mind the commentary team. I dont know if its simply because of the 12th man or not, but i dont mind them. 8)

knights04

Bench
I love when Kerry O'Keefe laughs it always sounds funny. Richie is the king. Taylor is alright, Healy is crap yet he was ok last season. Tony Greig and Bill Lawry get more annoying by the season if that is possible. Chappell pretends to be a smarta** but is more annoying than anything. O'Donnell is good but doesn't really commentate. Shane Warne acts like a mischievious kid, thank the lord when he goes. Mark Nicholas is good. The part-time commentators are good, James Brayshaw, Brendon Julian, etc. Dennis Commetti is annoying. I hope Steve and Mark Waugh take up commentating and get rid of those old farts. The commentators for that Bangladesh test series on ABC tv were good and their also good on the radio. Even Jeff Thomson was good on ch.7 couple years ago.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Some of the commentators on Channel 9 are alright, but the question is how long are they gonna be there.

Richie is a good commentator, boring at times, but hes the voice of cricket. Tony Greig was good, but I reckon hes time is up, hes annoying now. Ian Chappell says some negative things, like "the batsman was too slow, thats why he run out, thats poor cricket" , but hes trying to be like those English commentators, he'll go soon. Bill Lawry is still good, but he is getting old now, nearly 70 who knows how long he stay on. As for the other two Taylor and Healy, theyve got to really improve on their commentary, otherwise its time for another job. Mark Nicholas, a bloke I never heard of it before, is very smart on the tactics on cricket. I like him. I reckon he should stay on.

Now to improve the Channel 9 team, add James Brayshaw there. Hes got a good voice, speaks clearly, and doesnt go too over the top when something great happens. Kerry O'Keefe, this bloke is the funniest Ive heard on ABC radio, I reckon they should promote him to Channel 9.

And the ABC TV Commentators that called the Bangladesh game went alright. I think they had guys like Jim Maxwell, Damien Fleming, Greg Chappell and Keith Stackpole. I dont think Chappell and Stackpole will call for very long, theyve been on Ch 9 before.

Well its certainly not the most annoying commentary team in the world, but I hope they improve it a little bit.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Some of thier comments astound me.

You would think that some of them have never played cricket.

Its better to turn the TV down and the radio up, except for the time delay.

I reckon TFR Cricket Forum coulld do a better job.

Who's in ?

cheese

Bench
I used to be a staunch #9 supporter, but this summer they've been nothing short of boring.

I just click mute, then turn the radio up. Kerry for PM, he's the king.

ozbash

Referee
bit off when richie benaut called billy "mr bean"!!

what happened to respect ?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
ozbash said:

I actually thought that was quite funny

What happened to sense of humor?

Macca

Coach
Benaud - The great man. Will retire when he decides to, not before.
Chappell - Hopeless commentator. Very good mates with Packer though.
Lawry - Idiot. I don't know how he manages to stay there.
Grieg - I like him. He makes mistakes but he is generally entertaining.
Taylor - Annoying. States the obvious.
Healy - Love him. He is my favourite. Funny, knowledgable, and relaxed.

Who else is there? That pommy bloke was ok but he will be going back to England.

Kerry O'keefe is annoying too. The way he laughs at his own jokes.

Rustay

Juniors
ThrashViking said:
southern warrior said:
Well we have to put up with Martin Crowe!!
better than Adam Parore,the rest bar him and Crowe are great commentators

Yeah i like Ian Smith and Danny Morrison as commentators.

Also i always find it amusing when Bill Lawry (of all people) thinks that a batsmen is going to slowly. HA!

choc_soldier

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
ozbash said:

I actually thought that was quite funny

What happened to sense of humor?

There was another time last year when there was someone dressed up as Ali G in the crowd, and Richie Benaud says "...there's another Jason Gillespie fan..."

I thought that was very funny then, but now seeing that he looks like the paddle pop lion, it loses meaning now when re-telling it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Twizzle said:
Its better to turn the TV down and the radio up, except for the time delay.
works for me
Twizzle said:
I reckon TFR Cricket Forum coulld do a better job.
Who's in ?
Only if I can speak in a Jamican accent, I'm coooool mooooon.

Anonymous

Juniors
I cannot stand Benaud. I have a bet with my brother that if I ever see him in person I have to poke him in the eyes.

I on the other hand would love to be a commentator.