What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for a new commentary team....

Red Bear

Referee
Cant stand Grieg, plus he comes off as a bit off a redneck.
Chappell isnt bad.
Tubbs and Heals are good.
O'Donall isnt bad either
Warne was quite good i thought, as was Mark Nicholas.
Lawry is orright to.
Actually bugger it, get Billy Birminham to do it, he can do all the voices :D

wittyz chick

Coach
Kerry O'Keefe would be great he's funny and knowledgable and Jeff Lawson is good too. I like Healy and Benaud he is a king. And Taylor aint that bad as for the rest...nah dnt like em especially Warne. I liked it when Mark Waugh commentated once he was good. Him and Steve would be good the amount they have of cricket knowledge would make them a great commentary team

zulu

Juniors
cheese said:
I used to be a staunch #9 supporter, but this summer they've been nothing short of boring.

I just click mute, then turn the radio up. Kerry for PM, he's the king.

I'll never listen to channel 9 again - the radio is it for me. Kerry is the best!!!!!

stormboy

Juniors
Kerry is a legend - laugh his laugh
Mark Nicholas provided a good opinion thoughout the summer
Brayshaw and BJ did a great job yesterday in Adelaide
Healy is a legend
Bill can't talk properly
Tong is a wanker
Tubbs and Dennis Cometti are annoying

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Earl said:
Nicolas isn't bad. I could stand Warne, as long as he gets a haircut.

why? u dont see him when he is commentating you just hear his voice.
u c him like 5% of the time wen the cricket is televised

Doctor

Bench
Twizzle said:
Some of thier comments astound me.
You would think that some of them have never played cricket.

What is astouning is their lack of knowledge of the laws of cricket - Ian Chappell is the worst offender, but they are all pretty bad.

For instance when Pathan was being warned the other day for running on the protected area of the wicket, the commentators said he would only get one warning and then he was off - for those who were mislead by their ignorance, there is a first warning, final warning and THEN the bowler is removed. All it takes is to read the laws of cricket but they can't even manage that.

What is more disturbing is that they are supposed to be the experts. I can recount many times when the commentators have burnt themselves on air, but with no-one there to quietly correct them they continue on with their sincere ignorance of the laws and mislead the Australian public watching.

I'll join your commentary team - unfortunately it seems Channel 9's prerequisite for being on team is to have played domestic cricket, preferably test cricket - that means that despite their lack of knowledge of the laws, they remain on there.

Even Mark Nicholas is a former county player with more than 300 first class matches to his name - that is their credentials.

blaine train

Juniors
simon o'donnell imo is great and will take over richie. healy is good. lawry is good. richie is the king. kerry o'keefe is a legend especialy with his laugh and is the funniest bloke :lol:

blaine train

Juniors
i remember when someone took a catch in gully and grieg said what a splendid catch by gilchrist. some of his coments are unbelieveble considering hes a former english captain

I love the 9 team. But thats cos of my obsession for the 12th man...and me trying to do impersinations of them all.

Mark Waugh is the absolute worst commentator I've ever heard in my life. Dude can barely string a sentence together. I'll never forget a game in the middle of winter between Aussie & Pakistan in 2002.

"Darren Lehman has been out of form...................................but he's a great player..........................and he's gotta chance...............to prove it.........................right now."

LMAO!!!!

Moffo

Referee
Tony Grog was talking like an Indian during the last test. He said something along the lines of "we have a chnace of winning this" when referring to the Indians :roll:

Dropkick. Pepstar, i think ive highlighted why i dont like them in this thread. Time for a change, the same drongos have been there for 20-30 years

Cheers,
Moffo

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Moffo said:
Dropkick. Pepstar, i think ive highlighted why i dont like them in this thread. Time for a change, the same drongos have been there for 20-30 years

Cheers,
Moffo

ok dropkick

The Colonel

Immortal
stormboy said:
Tubbs and Dennis Cometti are annoying

I heard Cometti the other day and thought I was listening to the AFL. He might of well have been watching it after the crap commentary.

Taylor should stick to ads.

Healy is insightful.

Warne and the Chappells can go now, please! The novelty has worn thin.

O'Donnell will hopefully takeover from Richie when the time is right however I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Waugh in the top seat either. Mind you the limelight has never been his go.

Lawry is still ok but Grieg is getting worse.

Brayshaw makes me laugh.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Another delightful and anoying event to add the the commentry teams credibility.

Damien Martyn played a terrible shot first up and Chapelli says "What a brilliant piece of bowling, by A Jerker,"

No one will ever covince me that a bowler will bowl short outside the off stump with the intentions of having a batsmen caught at fine leg.

CHAPELLI, GIVE YOURSELF 6 OF THE BEST. YOU ARE KIDDING.

The fact that Martyn played such a terrible shot, did not feature in his thinking, or commentary.

Anonymous

Juniors
I don't think that Dennis guy is too bad. He knows what he is talking about and and doesn't go on with crap. He talks about the game in hand. If he had a different voice he'd be great :lol: