What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Boyd to be counted

country_dragon

Juniors
I wonder if Mr Boyd feels the need to stand up and be counted tonight? Mr Slater certainly has his number and if he wants it - NOW is the time to start earning it.

country_dragon

Juniors
Lately I have noticed he has CF0 ( care factor 0)

oh, absolutely. The 'here you have it' pass to Mr Morris in his own in goal against the Rabbits nearly made me choke on my beer :)

that said, now and then when he 'feels' like playing, it goes well. Gee, wonder if he is related to Jarrod Hayne?

Minh

First Grade
Boyd and Soward must fire if we are to be a chance of winning this year. This year is even more difficult than last year with about 5 or 6 teams a real danger to each other, it's just a matter of who turns up to play on the day I suppose.

Minh

First Grade
I hope he has his eyes on another premiership ring with us, going to Newcastle with Bennett does not guarantee another ring they are bloody hard to win and there will be huge pressure on them next year to perform.

steela

Juniors
yeh I slammed boyd a few weeks ago, but he has lifted his game.

look, last night we played the top team, and lost by a dodgy penalty.
ok we should have lost by more, but we're just off the pace a bit, just need to get it together before the finals.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Why should we have lost by more? Because we didn't fall off tackles on our own goal line?

Everytime the Storm came at us in the second half, we held them out.

Melbourne can count themselves lucky, we cracked them open several times and bombed at least three tries. If not for a couple of wrong options or handling errors, I believe we would have beat them.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Why should we have lost by more? Because we didn't fall off tackles on our own goal line?

Melbourne can count themselves lucky, we cracked them open several times and bombed at least three tries. If not for a couple of wrong options or handling errors, I believe we would have beat them.
Correct 100%

smi962

First Grade

IMO Melbourne didn't execute as well as they should of. They took the wrong option on a number of occasions when they had huge overlaps on the outside. I think we bombed far fewer chances, a lot of those passes to Stanley, even if he had caught them, there was plenty of cover coming across.

Mr Red

First Grade
I wonder if Mr Boyd feels the need to stand up and be counted tonight? Mr Slater certainly has his number and if he wants it - NOW is the time to start earning it.

Oh please dont compare slater to boyd...
love him or hate him slater is the greatest fullback of the modern era... boyd is not half the player of slater..

slater was the difference between the two teams last night - we win easily if he was our fullback.. simple as that.
we made enough breaks in the first 20 minutes to score 3 or 4 tries and would have if boyd had half the "footy brain" of slater and was backing up down the middle and around the ruck like slater always does...

throw in cameron smith at hooker and we win by 30 :)

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Throw in Quinn and we lose by 40 *laughs at his own joke*.

Yep, I have to agree with Willows earlier post.

Big Norm

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Oh please dont compare slater to boyd...
love him or hate him slater is the greatest fullback of the modern era... boyd is not half the player of slater..

slater was the difference between the two teams last night - we win easily if he was our fullback.. simple as that.
we made enough breaks in the first 20 minutes to score 3 or 4 tries and would have if boyd had half the "footy brain" of slater and was backing up down the middle and around the ruck like slater always does...

throw in cameron smith at hooker and we win by 30 :)
Yep your right with Boyd...you've just reminded me of whats missing in his game he rarely backs up down the middle and around the ruck...... :sarcasm:

Latest posts