What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Campbelltown to go

Lochie

Juniors
tigger said:
tigger said:
magpiemax said:
tigger said:
The ground is terrible, not only can't you ever win there, but you also can't get a crowd to turn up or make a profit. The rubbish that you go on with about Leichhardt has just been completely blown out of the water. Ask Steve Noyce to release the Profit & Loss statement for today's game, i am sure it is at least $30k in the red.
Hey dumb f*ck,did it ever occur to you that perhap's the weather and that we played a team that comes from the other end of Australia as the reason for the low figures. :roll:
You sound like a very astute business man.
Slightly different to playing South's on a Sunny Sunday.c**k head!!!

Boo hoo, take like a man sweetheart. Leichhardt gets sodomised by the CEO of the JV (who happens to be a Westerns Suburbs 'person') and most of you lot say nothing.

Leichhardt's Excuse
5,000 at Leichhardt in the freezing cold, pissing down with rain, on the same night as the Bledisloe Cup after Wests had been bent over 4 games IN A ROW.

Campbelltown's Excuse
10,000 at Campbelltown after the team has a great chance to make the top 8 for the first time since its inception. After only just losing to the Broncos in Brisbane, Sunday afternoon with a light drizzle.

You don't have to be a genius to know that you cannot compare the two.

I notice no one has had a go at this statement either..... could it be true!?

Bloody oath, if no-one else will, I will. How can you bring up Bledisloe Cup on a night when Rugby League is being played? I mean, where do the loyalties lie of the Tigers fan? Is it to Bledisloe, or is it to the Tigers? Im pretty sure 9/10 SHOULD say the Tigers, as it is the code they follow. As for a light f#cking drizzle, I dont think you can comment on it unless you were there. I was sitting in it for three f#cking hours and was soaked to the bone by the time I left. So Tigger - either come out and tell us you were there, or don't even mention the weather.

Just to to make sure someone commented on it :D

Jux

Juniors
yappy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you in the fishing business Tigger? You'd make a fortune just going out in your boat and waiting for all the fish to jump in by themselves. It amazes me that for all the years you've been running the same tired old game you still find new friends happy to came and play. ;-)

Hardly mate.

Just a great excuse to call him some more names ;-)

# 8

Juniors
tigger said:
The ground is terrible, not only can't you ever win there, but you also can't get a crowd to turn up or make a profit. The rubbish that you go on with about Leichhardt has just been completely blown out of the water. Ask Steve Noyce to release the Profit & Loss statement for today's game, i am sure it is at least $30k in the red.
Agree with everything you say.
Play all games at Leichhardt, get rid of Campbelltown.

disco77

Juniors
tigger wrote:
# 8 wrote:
Agree with everything you say.
Play all games at Leichhardt, get rid of Campbelltown.

I guess you would also want to rid the club of the revenue raised by the expansive leagues club at Campbelltown? :x

Not bloody likely...yes Leichardt is a great ground for atmosphere and it's nice and central, but you would have to agree that Campbelltown is a better facility for hosting NRL matches..for one there is no fear of yr seat falling through the stand due to infestation! :D

Mighty Tiger

Bench
disco77 said:
Not bloody likely...yes Leichardt is a great ground for atmosphere and it's nice and central

Are you a Tigger closet supporter ????

disco77 said:
but you would have to agree that Campbelltown is a better facility for hosting NRL matches..for one there is no fear of yr seat falling through the stand due to infestation! :D

Um I don't think either ground could say they are better than each other in this department especially considering 1 is meant to be considered a new stadium when infact it really is outdated to the point it needs to be pulled down and rebuilt!!!!

And talking about seats at least you can get to them at Leichhardt unlike bloody Campbeltown - you have to bloody knee cap and then jump 100 people to get too any seats let alone to try and get out of them :roll:

tigger

Juniors
yappy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you in the fishing business Tigger? You'd make a fortune just going out in your boat and waiting for all the fish to jump in by themselves. It amazes me that for all the years you've been running the same tired old game you still find new friends happy to came and play. ;-)

Yapster,

You know the story...... if it aint broke, don't fix it 8)

yappy

Bench
Um I don't think either ground could say they are better than each other in this department especially considering 1 is meant to be considered a new stadium when infact it really is outdated to the point it needs to be pulled down and rebuilt!!!!

On this point I'd absolutely agree. I can't believe how ordinary the design for the Campbelltown redevelopment was. In terms of spectator facilities it was a big step forward from what was there, and it's a great place to watch a game because you're close, but it isn't a patch on good modern stadia. Most of the money went on earthworks and the athletics field, but what was left over for the Eastern stand could have been better spent. The roof for a start is a complete WOFTAM as anyone sitting on that side yesterday would no doubt attest.

The place would need at least another $20mil to make it truly great.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
Lochie said:
Bloody oath, if no-one else will, I will. How can you bring up Bledisloe Cup on a night when Rugby League is being played? I mean, where do the loyalties lie of the Tigers fan? Is it to Bledisloe, or is it to the Tigers?

I dont agree with much that was said by agree with what Tigger said about Bledisloe Cup Night.

Some people are very loyal fans but have a great love for sport which extends outside rugby league. I Love the Wests Tigers and go all round the state to see them play, but also have a huge passion for other sporting teams and the Australian Rugby Union is one of them. The Bledisloe Cup is the biggest rugby union match of the year, and I am positive that there were many others like me who stayed home or went somewhere where they could get the best of boths worlds, and watch both of them.

tigger

Juniors
I also agree with what i said :lol: Many people including myself, like to watch a number of sports, some people believe that watching their country play is more important than watching their club play in the freezing cold, especially when they have been playing like busteds for 4 games in a row and are playing the worst drawing competitor in the whole competition.

yappy

Bench
Do you also enjoy poking toothpicks into your eyeballs?

It would have to be more enjoyable than watching 30 second rate athletes running around waiting for a chance to lie all over each other whilst some totally unfit twit runs around the middle of it all blowing his whistle every 10 seconds. Watching junior reps League is a better game of footy than the crap the rugger boys dish up. Game they play in heaven? You'd have to be dead to sit through it. ;-)

tigger

Juniors
yappy said:
Do you also enjoy poking toothpicks into your eyeballs?

It would have to be more enjoyable than watching 30 second rate athletes running around waiting for a chance to lie all over each other whilst some totally unfit twit runs around the middle of it all blowing his whistle every 10 seconds. Watching junior reps League is a better game of footy than the crap the rugger boys dish up. Game they play in heaven? You'd have to be dead to sit through it. ;-)

That is your opinion and is probably shared by many people, however you must be aware of the demographics of the inner west and realise that especially after the RWC2003 some people have opened up their eyes to a whole new world of sport.

IMO League and Union are a long way from the EPL, which is the best sporting League of any sport in the world, however most people won't be up with me tomorrow morning watching Fulham beat the crap out of Portsmouth.

Suzie

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :clap: my thoughts exactly. I don't get the RU thing. Gimme my tigers any day!or night in drizzling rain, for that matter.

disco77

Juniors
Look you can go on all day about the pro's and cons of each ground, however it's absolutely ludicrous to suggest that the WT's desert the home ground of the Wests Magpies. It has been established for the last 16 years and has a supporter base.

This thread is pointless, it seems one person in particular here is hell bent on creating division between fans of two great footy clubs...get a life!