What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Elliot to go?

BroncoBuck

Juniors
I am not a Raiders fan but I have been a season ticket holder for the last three seasons. I've really enjoyed watching the Raiders because they're a tough side that really make oppositions work for their wins. I'd just like to say how disappointed I am in them after yesterday's game.

In one word they were SOFT. There were no excuses for the tries they let in and despite the 2nd half come back it wasn't a good way to spend the afternoon.

I am not as big a critic of Elliot as some on this board, I generally think he has done a good job with the cattle he has had. However, surely something is lacking this year (it's not the first game they've been soft) and he might be getting distracted by his impending move. I ask then what do you think of Elliot doing a Smith? Is there a viable alternative at the Raiders, given that Neil Henry is unlikely to move before the end of the season?

reptar

Juniors
Well, this is the fifth year of his five year plan. In that time, hardly any promising player has come through from the juniors to be a game breaker. Something is definitely wrong.

I'm not sure getting a care-taker coach will solve the current problem. One thing is for sure, i can't wait for Henry.

Bay56

First Grade
Imo most signs were pointing in the direction of doomsville about 6 months after Elliott started his stint at the Raiders.

Call me a smartarse (I couldnt care less) ... he never was and never will be the coach this club requires for success.

The remarks I made about Elliott some 4 seasons ago still apply today.

By his own admission (read his open letter to the fans back in 2001) he is nothing but an utter failure.

This comment at the press conference after the Sharks debacle just about sums up Elliott ..

"There is a base level about our sport which is to do with investing effort and energy and they [Cronulla] did more in every aspect of the game than us," Elliott said. "They tried harder than us, that's what happened."

sydraider

First Grade
Im tired of all this "Done well with the cattle he has had". That is a crock! He has done nothing with the promising cattle at our disposal!
We have some promising young juniors, actually we always seem to have promising young juniors. Is elliots predicament any worse than Bellamy's?
Look at what he has done with "The cattle at his disposal".
No one gave the storm a chance without orford, now they are touting cooper cronk as a future QLD No.7, the list goes on slater, Inglis, c. smith etc. All promising young players who have excelled under proper tutelidge.
We have had 2 busted ass coaches over the last decade (no offence Mal, you are a legend in my eyes, just cant coach) who havent been able to get results with the young players at hand, which is the raiders recruitment policy as we usually have buckleys of attracting any marquee signings.

thickos

First Grade
IMO we're just treading water, waiting for season 2007 to roll by.

Sadly Elliott doesn't have the guts it seems to blood the guys who need it this year, in preparation for the future. We're not learning anything with Smith-Withers-Woolford as the halves/hooker.

sydraider

First Grade
thickos said:
IMO we're just treading water, waiting for season 2007 to roll by.

Sadly Elliott doesn't have the guts it seems to blood the guys who need it this year, in preparation for the future. We're not learning anything with Smith-Withers-Woolford as the halves/hooker.

He doesnt have the ability to bring young guys up to grade, probably why he persists with certain formula's and selection as he does not have much else apart from one liners in his noggin.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
reptar said:
Well, this is the fifth year of his five year plan. In that time, hardly any promising player has come through from the juniors to be a game breaker. Something is definitely wrong.

I'm not sure getting a care-taker coach will solve the current problem. One thing is for sure, i can't wait for Henry.

Thats my biggest issue with Elliot, the lack of quality players that have come through under him. Since he has been at the club he has relied completely on players that were already established 1st graders such as Schifcofske, Wiki, Davico, Mclinden, Croker, Woolford and now Jason smith. The very few players that were lableled as good young prospects left for other clubs (J and M Monaghan, O'hara, Lolesi). There hasn't been much to get excited about in the past 5 years for raiders fans.

Raider_69

Post Whore
today he dropped trevor thurling and craig frawley, whilst retaining a host of under performing players

what a farce
f**k off elliott. Pack your bags and f**k off :x

sydraider

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
today he dropped trevor thurling and craig frawley, whilst retaining a host of under performing players

what a farce
f**k off elliott. Pack your bags and f**k off :x

Agree whole heartedly!

cooba

Juniors
This is fair dinkum: just after 1/2 time, the kick-off had taken place, Elliot, Jenno and Max Mercer started pointing at the team and counting the numbers on the field like junior club coaches do. Elliot realising he was one short said " where the f...... is Fraws? with that a spectator within hearing distance listening to the radio yelled out He's in the dressing room. Elliot panicked went to his bench.

Bay56

First Grade
Elliott should be punted without doubt .. he is hindering the development of our youngsters, the future of this club.

Unforutanately Elliott will not be given the boot as he has developed a friendship with Furner/Hawkins. That friendship will unfortunately over-ride proper decision making by those two clowns.

sydraider

First Grade
Personally I would love to see Dave be caretaker coach for the rest of the season with correspondence from henry as to what he wants done in preperation for 07.

aussies1st

Staff member
For our case he definitely needs to go. It'll be better having a caretaker coach then Elliott continual picking of nuffies.

Roy Rover

Juniors
If we lose at home to Souths I'm going to start a UK style fans campaign to force him out before the end of the season.
Anyone keen to join me?

Latest posts